Splitting finasteride 5 Mg Pills Into Five Equal Parts

fixmyhairNYC

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started finasteride about a week ago and the doctor prescribed me finasteride 5 mg tabs, they are the ones that are tiny and say E and 61 on both sides.

How do you guys cut these tabs evenly? Or does it even matter as long as you take 5mg over 5 days? I try to get them as close to equal as possible but it’s hard

frank1980

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it will be next to impossible to split it 5 ways perfectly. That being said, it doesn't matter if it's equal. Your body doesn't recover dht completely for around a week after your last dose. .25mg kills around 50% dht, .5mg of finasteride kills around 70%dht, and 1 mg doesn't work much better. It's pretty forgiving.

Jaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take the same generic as you. It's by Aurobindo. Cut it in 1/4's. That's 1.25 mg per day. I just use a razor blade to cut it. The inactive ingredients are very similar to Propecia.

Each film-coated tablet contains 1 mg finasteride.

- The other ingredients are: Tablet core: Lactose monohydrate, cellulose, microcrystalline, sodium starch glycolate, starch pregelatined [maize starch], docusate sodium, magnesium stearate Tablet coat: Hypromellose, hydroxy propyl cellulose, talc, titanium dioxide (E171), red iron oxide (E172), yellow iron oxide (E172).

fixmyhairNYC

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take the same generic as you. It's by Aurobindo. Cut it in 1/4's. That's 1.25 mg per day. I just use a razor blade to cut it. The inactive ingredients are very similar to Propecia.

Each film-coated tablet contains 1 mg finasteride.

- The other ingredients are: Tablet core: Lactose monohydrate, cellulose, microcrystalline, sodium starch glycolate, starch pregelatined [maize starch], docusate sodium, magnesium stearate Tablet coat: Hypromellose, hydroxy propyl cellulose, talc, titanium dioxide (E171), red iron oxide (E172), yellow iron oxide (E172).
So just do 1/4 instead of 1/5, got it

How are your results/how long have you been on it? According to the post above yours, 1/5 should be ok too since .5 kills 70% of dht anyways

Jaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Using it for a few years and it slowed my hair loss considerably. There is a study that reports that a lower amount still has an effect on DHT. Just because it works for some people doesn't mean it'll work for you. I didn't take the chance because I have aggressive male pattern baldness and taking the recommended dose is working for me. In my opinion, you should only take a lower dose if you get sides.