Splitting 5 mg finasteride pills

bfassassin

Reaction score
Is it evenly distributed when you quarter the pills like 1.25 mg per quarter or is there a chance that there would be 3 mg in one quarter and .25mg in another etc? I'm wondering because I asked the doctor today and he said he wasn't sure but that it should still be okay taking the quartered pills. I'm kind of thinking of going back to the 1 mg pills but they're so expensive 90$+ for a 3 month supply.

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Most pills are made from filler and active ingredients that are premixed in large quantities and therefore need to be uniformly distributed to get the correct dose in all the pills.

MercMan

Reaction score
Buy a pill splitter. At first, I tried cutting them in quarters, but it was awkward. Cutting a whole pill in half is very easy, but lining up that half pill just right to make a quarter cut is tough.

Now I just cut the pill in half, and then bite that piece in half.

yid_1984

Reaction score
eating a little less one day and a little more the next hardly makes a difference, the amount of active ingredient remains constant in your body in the long term. Splitting works

bfassassin

Reaction score
But what if 0mg ends up being in 3 quarters of the tablet and 5 mg in the last quarter? I said screw it and went back to the 1mg tabs. Got a little anxious after seeing so much hair in the tub and taking quartered pills for the past 3 months