Spironolactone

Arnold56

Reaction score
I started using spironolactone a few days ago, has anybody had any luck with it??

Arnold56

Reaction score
I get his feeling that I am disliked. I can see that 90 of you have looked at this post and not one reply... :x

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
i suppose it depends what you mean by had any luck...most people use i in conjunction with other things so makes it hard to tell - certainly in theory it should help maintenance and even regrowth when used with Finast & minoxidil

StoneCold316

Reaction score
Zits from spironolactone?

Ever since using Dr. Lee's 5% spironolactone, sometimes I delelop some painful pimple on my forehead. Its usually just one or two BIG ones. I wonder if this is a reaction from the spironolactone forming Estrogen in the scalp. ..

Anyone else with this problem?

hairguy

Reaction score
spironolactone

i've been on spironolactone for 15 months. first the 2% liquid,then the 5% lotion-then I returned to the 2%. I think it has been effective, but most users do not rely on it for growth alone.

rocky

Reaction score
Arnold56: It's hard to tell if spironolactone is contributing as I use other treatments along with it. I guess I just basically trust in the science and theory behind it and assume that it is helping me keep what I have.

rocky

Webbie

Reaction score
Hey rocky...

rocky,

How has the regimen been working for you lately? I remember some posts from you a couple of months back where you mentioned things hadn't been progressing as you had liked.. :?:

hairybastard

Reaction score
Dr. Lee's 5% spironolactone

Has anyone else noticed that Dr. Lee's 5% spironolactone is coming with significantly less lotion in it than it used to? My containers of it are arriving less than half full now! Ridiculous!!! Hope it was worth the short term gain Dr. Lee because I'm through with it now... Does anyone know where I can get 5% spironolactone elsewhere? THanks.

StoneCold316

Reaction score
skin absorption of spironolactone

I have read Dr. Lee's comments about not needing exact precision when applying minoxidil solutions because of the "horny layers" (heh-heh-hehheh) ability to diffuse the minoxidil through areas of the scalp.

I wonder if the same would apply to his topical 5% spironolactone? Does anyone have an idea on how "far" the stuff will diffuse?

Just a thought...

duhh

Reaction score
spironolactone

I just load it on around the hairline and the vertex. :eek: I have had great success with spironolactone minoxidil (both5%) and fina. My jars have contained ~ the same amount?. I am going to make my own soon. Then you can buy it from me but it will cost ya :D !

Mr Clean

Reaction score
spironolactone

Can people please start talking about their experiences and results with spironolactone please!!!

Arnold56

Reaction score
I have been using it for about a month along with 5%xandrox. I plucked out a stray hair the other day and noticed that it was thicker and had more color toward the bottom. So this could be a good sign.

StoneCold316

Reaction score
Arnold56:

Are you just using spironolactone and the 5% Xandrox in your treatment regimen? The reason I am asking, is that I use Dr. Lee's 5% minoxidil and his 5% spironolactone cream (and some Folligen once a day). I was thinking about suing Xandrox instead, in order to boost the DHT blocking portion of my program.

thanks.

Arnold56

Reaction score
Morning: daytime xandrox 5%

Night: spirolacatone, xandrox 5% night time

every third day Nizoral 1%

hairybastard

Reaction score
Dermovan

Does anybody know where a good place to get this Dermovan stuff is so I can mix my own spironolactone solution? thanks

Mr Clean

Reaction score
I think you can get it from drugstore.com or rx.com, but I would recommend getting a liquid version though cause the cream version is incredibly difficult to apply.

StoneCold316

Reaction score
Arnold:

Yes, I am. He was the best thing they had going. I have a feeling they'll patch things up, may take awhile though.