spironolactone?

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Which is better...the oral or the topical version? How effective is it compared to minoxidil and finasteride? Can't seem to find the answers anywhere online.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Take oral if your goal, aside from stopping hairloss is also to become a women.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok just to be clear on something...

Does the oral AND the topical need prescriptions? I've heard the oral version does. Not that it matters if the topical needs one or not as I'm not including more than one topical in my regimen (minoxidil).

And, who here takes oral spironolactone? And what kind of doctor prescribes it? Not saying I'll take it but, I still want to know.

Hecfield

Reaction score
Not a good one.

It's too potent for a man to take. Probably the best treatment for FPB though.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't take oral spironolactone. Unless you want to be Beyonce. Altough that would be cool for a day or so, I highly reccomend not going that route.

In fact , try to use only a small amount of topical spironolactone too if you go that direction.

Rework24

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 6 weeks into spironolactone (topical - 5%) twice per day. It definitly is no where near as potent as flutamide was. I will be giving it 6 months using a good amount at temples and crown twice per day.
No sign of side effects thus far.
Too be honest I am willing to try pretty much anything new/experimental as long as it isnt guaranteed to kill. I'll always risk some sides :)

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
decro435 said:
Don't take oral spironolactone. Unless you want to be Beyonce. Altough that would be cool for a day or so,
...no...

Anyway yeah I'm not taking this...at least not likely. I mean, my aim is never to become more feminine. I just want standing strands on my head.

opeth88

Reaction score
This is my first post. Sweet! This question goes out to anyone who uses topical spironolactone- Does it make your hair oily and give it that "greasy" look? I'm asking because I have very long hair.. about midway down my back!

Thanks

Opeth