Spironolactone Vs. Finasteride For Male Hair Loss

kikao123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, so i have a question. Today i went to the doctor, and as i'm kinda losing hair from night to day, i asked him what could i do, especially since i'm only 20 years old.

Basically he said it could be temporary, either because of stress or because i use all the time a shampoo that is for fighting lice. Or even it could be from genetics (this one is shocking because my father is 60 and still has a lot of hair).

Either way, he gave me a prescritpion, for vitamins, Minoxidil and Spironolactone.

So my question is, because Spironolactone is used for female hair loss, tomorrow should i ask the pharmacist for finasteride, or what do you guys think? Thanks.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, so i have a question. Today i went to the doctor, and as i'm kinda losing hair from night to day, i asked him what could i do, especially since i'm only 20 years old.

Basically he said it could be temporary, either because of stress or because i use all the time a shampoo that is for fighting lice. Or even it could be from genetics (this one is shocking because my father is 60 and still has a lot of hair).

Either way, he gave me a prescritpion, for vitamins, Minoxidil and Spironolactone.

So my question is, because Spironolactone is used for female hair loss, tomorrow should i ask the pharmacist for finasteride, or what do you guys think? Thanks.
spironolactone.. alone or in the minoxidil lotion?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never heard of a doctor prescribing Spironolactone as a first in line treatment for males. I would be dubious of this doctor.