spironolactone users in here

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
How long should it take this stuff to really kick in and possibly regrow hair. I've been using 5% spironolactone for going on 4 mths now 2x daily without significant if any results. I know it can take finasteride users 12 mths to see results, so I'm just curious about this stuff.

Stingray

Reaction score
You will NEED minoxidil to make it work. Get rid of most of the rest of the stuff too.

Redbone

Reaction score
George, nothing you are using is proven to re-grow hair, add Xandrox or minoxidil and I highly sugest Propecia. With your current Regimen you are doomed. Go with stuff that has clinical backing....

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with redbone. Forget about spironolactone and use propecia 1mg/day and minoxidil 5%(1mL) 2x/day. KISS=keep it simple stupid. :)

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, but unfortunately I am allergic to minoxidil. I've tried 2% Rogaine and 5% dr. lee's minoxidil without PG and had a BAD reaction to both. Lots of painful, itchy bumps all over my scalp much like poison oak or something. It's been almost 5 mths since I've used dr.lee's minoxidil and my scalp is just now returning to normal. It took about 3 weeks for the 2% minoxidil to get me and only 3 days for the 5%.

I've been considering finasteride for a long time but I just don't want to screw with my hormones just yet. I'm planning on giving my current regime a year before going to finasteride. And then I may even just say screw it an get a hair transplant.

As for my current regime, I'm using the best there is without the big three. I believe the LC is going to be FDA approved for regrowth, I sh*t you not. spironolactone and folligen are at least scientifically backed. The other stuff can't hurt. I'm doing the best I can.

Stingray

Reaction score
There's only one real way to get used to the water. You need to get in to the pool. The longer you wait to try propecia the less chance you will have of it working. Don't take my word for it though, it's cool and all. But just remember that time is the key operative in male pattern baldness... it keeps ticking by, and you have precious little of it.

Good luck with your lazor comb yo.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
I hear ya Stingray, I may start finasteride sooner than I planned, cause I've got less hair now then when I started this regimen 4 mths ago. Probably a good thing but still makes me worry I'm waiting too long. The hair I have does look better though, something is helping. If all the hair that I've lost since starting this regimen comes back healthy, I will be in very good shape.