spironolactone topical questions

G

how long do you need to wait minimum to see results? how long maximum, how long you need to "test" it?

and am i right, if i think that spironolactone can make my existing hairs thicker?

is it even good for baby hairs?

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
Same as with other treatments. You will have to test it out for at least 4 to 6 months before making any judgments regarding effectiveness. spironolactone would only thicken hairs that have been effected by DHT.

cheech45

Reaction score
I too, have a question about the spironolactone lotion. My concern is this...., after applying the lotion the night before, is it okay to just rinse it out in the shower the next morning before my Rogaine foam application? The reason I ask this is because I'm not sure if it will leave any residue that may hamper the obsorbtion of the minoxidil.

Sean68

Reaction score
yeah you can shower the next morning i do - ideally put some on again after
the minoxidil.

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
When I was using Dr. Lee's minoxidil and 5% spironolactone, at night I put the spironolactone on first and then the minoxidil. This is what Dr. Lee told me to do, he said the spironolactone would actually help absorb the minoxidil.

That worked pretty well for me (until I developped an alergic reaction to minoxidil) and after three months I even saw some regrowth.

Anyway, just throwing that out there. Good luck with your regimen!

Sean68

Reaction score
jimmyjames said:
When I was using Dr. Lee's minoxidil and 5% spironolactone, at night I put the spironolactone on first and then the minoxidil. This is what Dr. Lee told me to do, he said the spironolactone would actually help absorb the minoxidil.

That worked pretty well for me (until I developped an alergic reaction to minoxidil) and after three months I even saw some regrowth.

im pretty sure its minoxidil first it must be - says so on his website.
is that what you meant?

beaner

Reaction score
Sean68 said:
jimmyjames said:

im pretty sure its minoxidil first it must be - says so on his website.
is that what you meant?

You are correct. Dr Lee advises to apply minoxidil first, allow some time for partial drying, and then put a layer of spironolactone cream over it which acts as an occlusive layer and enhances the pentration of both.