spironolactone/Ru Side Effects

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Enden said:
You find some stories in the body building community, as some of them use steroids which is able to increase your prolactin level. Prolactin and dopamine affects your sexual function. I noticed a large improvement in refraction period and libido after dropping my prolactin level from 650 mIE/l to zero.

A producer of generic finasteride, said that hyperprolactinaemia is a common cause for sexual side effects from finasteride. A guy at propeciahelp contacted the producer by e-mail, and posted the response. Prolactin is linked to estrogen, and we're having trouble with estrogen. If your level is supposed to be at 100 mIE/l, 300 is too much, even though it's still in "normal" range. Prolactin varies a bit, but it doesn't fluctuate in the whole range. I know. Like I said, I depleted my prolactin level, and I've had a couple of readings afterwards, which shows that the prolactin level increases slowly.

Why take the chance?

I don't think its a big risk to leave your mid-range prolactin as is.

Not to mention - if it is slightly off, an improved T/E ratio will help it normalise anyway by it self.

Ende

Reaction score
Yes, the last part is true. If you remember the italian recovery story from propeciahelp, with Arimidex; morning erections came back within a month, with 0.5 mg twice a week. His libido didn't recover before 6 months later, and that's probably because of excessive prolactin.

Well, there my argument goes. Prolactin shouldn't interfere with morning erections.

jmoss1982

Reaction score
@Enden/Colin

Thank you for your response to my query.

My status is unchanged. As I already have some Arimidex, I will begin taking a small dose (0.25 mg every 3 days). I can always order Cabergoline later from an online pharmacy if need be.

I have a few questions though. I mentioned that last year, while taking selegiline, I felt a pronounced increase to my libido. Why do you think that now when I take it I don't feel anything? Also do you think that passion flower, nettle root, mucuna pruriens, damiana and/or maca have libido boosting properties?

Mens Rea

Reaction score
jmoss1982 said:
@Enden/Colin

Thank you for your response to my query.

My status is unchanged. As I already have some Arimidex, I will begin taking a small dose (0.25 mg every 3 days). I can always order Cabergoline later from an online pharmacy if need be.

I have a few questions though. I mentioned that last year, while taking selegiline, I felt a pronounced increase to my libido. Why do you think that now when I take it I don't feel anything? Also do you think that passion flower, nettle root, mucuna pruriens, damiana and/or maca have libido boosting properties?

Yes, i do. But with varying degrees person to person.

Good luck with the arimidex. The rule of thumb is, when you hit the level youre happy with (youll feel it) half your dosage. That's what the bodybuilders do.

Arimidex is difficult to dose right though so be careful.

Ende

Reaction score
Colin297 said:
Good luck with the arimidex. The rule of thumb is, when you hit the level youre happy with (youll feel it) half your dosage. That's what the bodybuilders do.
Dosing Arimidex with- and without steroids isn't the same. Aromatase is a lot more active when you're using steroids. You should quit when you get morning erections. If they disappear again shortly after, it's because of too low estrogen level. Arimidex is very potent, and has a half life of 3 days.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Enden said:
Colin297 said:
Dosing Arimidex with- and without steroids isn't the same. Aromatase is a lot more active when you're using steroids. You should quit when you get morning erections. If they disappear again shortly after, it's because of too low estrogen level. Arimidex is very potent, and has a half life of 3 days.

You have first hand experience of Adex so you're probably right bud :)

Obviously this is assuming that one's body will be able to maintain the new estrogen levels which is what we all hope for.

jmoss1982

Reaction score
So I've taken 3 doses of Arimidex at 0.25 mg/dose. My libido has increased slightly but there has been no change in the color and consistency of my ejaculate. Will advise.

On another note, I was going to order some tocotrienols (I'm on the IH top 6+) when I found this:

http://www.primordialperformance.com/st ... oster.html

What do you think about it?

Enden said:
Colin297 said:

Mens Rea

Reaction score
jmoss1982 said:
So I've taken 3 doses of Arimidex at 0.25 mg/dose. My libido has increased slightly but there has been no change in the color and consistency of my ejaculate. Will advise.

On another note, I was going to order some tocotrienols (I'm on the IH top 6+) when I found this:

http://www.primordialperformance.com/st ... oster.html

What do you think about it?

Enden said:
Colin297 said:

Have heard about sustain alpha before but have no input on the matter.

Stick with your arimidex.

As for your ejaculation. Well, firstly, your FSH is probably low like mine. Most PFS sufferers seem to have FSH levels in the 2.0 range. You might also have prostrate problems from excess estrogen - this could induce semen issues also. This, like FSH will recover slowly so don't expect things to change overnight in this department. Babysteps.

Keep up the good work.

EDIT - sorry i just re-read this thread. My above post assumed you have high estrogen, which you don't really. SERM's, i.e. Nolvadex or Clomid would probably be more beneficial to you given you have LH and T issues. If you take them though, be smart, taper off them rigth etc to avoid rebound.

Ende

Reaction score
Colin297 said:
As for your ejaculation. Well, firstly, your FSH is probably low like mine. Most PFS sufferers seem to have FSH levels in the 2.0 range. You might also have prostrate problems from excess estrogen - this could induce semen issues also. This, like FSH will recover slowly so don't expect things to change overnight in this department. Babysteps.
FSH controls sperm production. DHT, or lack thereof, affects the prostate, and changes the prostate fluid. It should be white, transparent indicates DHT deficiency. Excessive estrogen suppresses gonadotropins and androgens.

Btw, how are you doing, mate? Have you begun treatment with Aromasin?

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Enden said:
FSH controls sperm production. DHT, or lack thereof, affects the prostate, and changes the prostate fluid. It should be white, transparent indicates DHT deficiency. Excessive estrogen suppresses gonadotropins and androgens.

I know that is the basic theory but firstly low FSH can impact sperm/semen for obvious reasons. But yes prostrate fluid is usually a bigger factor seemingly (in relation to appearance of semen). I've read you say watery semen indicates DHT defciency over and over, what's the sources on this, exactly? It's probably true, but it shouldn't be presented as a blanket reason for watery semen as its clearly not the case for everyone.

Me personally....my watery semen came about after cessation of propecia where my DHT levels are higher. Many on propeciahelp are in this same boat. That is why i attibute it to FSH/ prostrate changes (either imflammation or enlargement) more so that DHT deficiency...

As for your last line there, yes this is true. But the ideal that estrogen is more dangerous to the prostrate than DHT and it is this that causes prostrate problems inc prostrate cancer more so than DHT, is really gathering momentum in the medical community, hence why i alluded to estrogen.

Btw, how are you doing, mate? Have you begun treatment with Aromasin?

I'm doing okay. Static. I have a few new ideas for 2011.

No movements yet unfortunately hopefully will be getting bloods v.soon. Any AI will probably be a few weeks away yet, firstly i want to check :

Free testosterone levels
Costisol levels
SHBG
DHT
Vit D
3-diol-G (maybe)

I'll pm you about the AI's and other things im looking into :)

Ende

Reaction score
Colin297 said:
I've read you say watery semen indicates DHT defciency over and over, what's the sources on this, exactly? It's probably true, but it shouldn't be presented as a blanket reason for watery semen as its clearly not the case for everyone.

Me personally....my watery semen came about after cessation of propecia where my DHT levels are higher. Many on propeciahelp are in this same boat. That is why i attibute it to FSH/ prostrate changes (either imflammation or enlargement) more so that DHT deficiency...
First hand experience. A drop of Andractim, applied to the scrotum, once every day, changed the prostate fluid from transparent to white within a week, every time. It's the same case for everyone, and I encourage you all to try the same.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Enden said:
Colin297 said:
I've read you say watery semen indicates DHT defciency over and over, what's the sources on this, exactly? It's probably true, but it shouldn't be presented as a blanket reason for watery semen as its clearly not the case for everyone.

First hand experience. A drop of Andractim, applied to the scrotum, once every day, changed the prostate fluid from transparent to white within a week, every time. It's the same case for everyone, and I encourage you all to try the same.

I'm certainly open to trying this. Obviously different people seem to respond to different things though.

Id be pretty confident if i can fix my T/E levels and FHS/LH levels it'll fix itself though, that should address things from all avenues :)

Ende

Reaction score
Excessive estrogen is the main problem. Everything else should fix itself when you take care of it. Your approach of choice, which includes manipulating the HPTA, will probably accelerate the recovery process. So keep going ;)