spironolactone+Revivogen combination

rcom440

Reaction score
Have anyone of you tried Revivogen with spironolactone. A lot of people says that Revivogen is not that effective but I think if Revivogen were combined with spironolactone it would create some protection against DHT just as this web page states.

Anyone?

amsch

Reaction score
rcom440 said:
Have anyone of you tried Revivogen with spironolactone. A lot of people says that Revivogen is not that effective but I think if Revivogen were combined with spironolactone it would create some protection against DHT just as this web page states.

Anyone?
Admin is the only one I know having success with this combo.

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
rcom440 said:

Anyone?

This is slightly off topic, but how well does spironolactone work for you, rcom440?
Been thinking about it myself...

rcom440

Reaction score
Todd said:
rcom440 said:

Anyone?

This is slightly off topic, but how well does spironolactone work for you, rcom440?
Been thinking about it myself...

So far so good. I've been using spironolactone for a few months. I need to give it more time to fully evaluate it but I think my hair seems stronger, and thicker and yes spironolactone is definitely doing something.
At the moment, I'm going through slight shedding on my left temple but I'm sure I will regrow it, possibly more hair than I had before. That's how minoxidil is working for me- I go throught small sheds every couple of months especially the right temple gets thiner but then after a couple of months everything goes to normal. Maybe is because I'm applying minoxidil only at night.

Fleur de lis

Reaction score
Hi,

Can I ask you, Did you experience much of a "shed" with the Topical spironolactone?

Of course, any new hair loss treatment can cause some addditional hair loss, but I am wondering your opinion on this

We all know the minoxidil does this ( quite often) just curious if the Topical spironolactone
causes a shed with the same frequency as the minoxidil.....

guybrush

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say that spironolactone, as androgen blocker, would have sinergistic effect along with any anti-androgen such as finasteride, progesterone or whatever.

longtime

Reaction score
according to dr lee, topical spironolactone will not cause a shed, i've been on it for about 4 months, no shed and it seems to be working well, applying to hairline and it's thickening up a little.

Fleur de lis

Reaction score
Thanks, Guys :bravo: for your speedy response!

This is a 48 yr old gal with some Androgenetic Alopecia issues who cannot take oral spironolactone
due to low BP and history of mammary cancers in the family......

Besides, although it is a mainstay of FPHL treatment, just as many gals go
"Hyperadrogenistic" when using systematic DHT blockers as those who receive
good results

Plus, the sides can be "rough"

Glad to hear this treatment plan is working out for you

Best,
Dawn

helpwithhair

Reaction score
Im on a number of things including spironolactone and Prox-n and I can say ive noticed a big reduction in the amount of hairs I see in the shower and on my pillow and also on my desk at work!

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, it's been a long time since I logged on....years in fact. That's always a good sign that the regimen is working, right?

I was on spironolactone and Revivogen for quite a while. I would say I've had good maintenance in front and excellent results in regrowing hair at the crown.

I gave up on spironolactone about a yr back because I got sick of applying it twice a day along with Revivogen once a day. I like using Revivogen because I can apply it at night, and then wash it out in the morning. Using Revivogen only is less of a hassle for me, and it seems to achieve maintenance well enough on its own.

I've probably lost a *little* bit of hair at the temples while using Revivogen, but I've been treating hairloss for about seven years now. Considering that my problem areas are the temples and how hard it is to prevent hair loss at the temples, I'd say I'm pretty satisfied with the results I've gotten from Revivogen.

amsch

Reaction score
Yardbird said:
Wow, it's been a long time since I logged on....years in fact. That's always a good sign that the regimen is working, right?

I was on spironolactone and Revivogen for quite a while. I would say I've had good maintenance in front and excellent results in regrowing hair at the crown.

I gave up on spironolactone about a yr back because I got sick of applying it twice a day along with Revivogen once a day. I like using Revivogen because I can apply it at night, and then wash it out in the morning. Using Revivogen only is less of a hassle for me, and it seems to achieve maintenance well enough on its own.

I've probably lost a *little* bit of hair at the temples while using Revivogen, but I've been treating hairloss for about seven years now. Considering that my problem areas are the temples and how hard it is to prevent hair loss at the temples, I'd say I'm pretty satisfied with the results I've gotten from Revivogen.
How old are you, which treatments did you use before revivogen, which Norwood are you and how agressive is your hairloss?

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 31 years old, and I guess I've been treating hairloss for seven years or so. I've tried finasteride for something like two years, but I was having some erectile problems, so I gave it up. I also have used minoxidil, but I gave that up too. As you know, I also used spironolactone, but I gave that up....

Hmm..there's a pattern here.

I would say I'm Norwood 2. My hairline is good, but I've got aggressive receding/thinning at the temples. I think I'm on my way to developing a widows peak.

I've been on Revivogen for a pretty long time now. I think it's stabilized my hairloss. I'm happy with my results, as my hairloss doesn't seem to be advancing at all. If it is advancing, it must be seriously slow because I see no changes. This satisfies me.