spironolactone Results Thread (topical)

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to start another spironolactone thread since there are so many, but I decided to anyway for those who are using it to post their experience. I think it'll help many decide if spironolactone is worth adding to their regimen.

So since its an anti-androgen, has anyone here managed to maintain with topical spironolactone?

Perhaps a decrease in hairloss?

Also is it detectable when you have it in your hair? (i.e. greasy, smelly, etc.)

Thanks!

Jm0311

Reaction score
spironolactone Cream - Good for hairline
spironolactone Liquid - Good for crown

I have been on spironolactone cream (every night on temples) consistantly for the last 10 months. I believe it has slowed my male pattern baldness but I am still receding I fear.

I am adding spironolactone liquid to my crown shortly. Currently I have no DHT blocker for my crown

Dr Lees = no smell

Personal experience so for = 6/10

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Only been using Dr Lee's 5% lotion for 4 months so I can't say for sure that it's working, but I can say that nothing changed in the area I apply it to (the front). Keep in mind though, I am also using finasteride, nizoral, minoxidil and folligen.

And it is greasy so you should either use it only at night and take a shower in the morning or wipe your hair with tissue after using it (taking a shower is obviously better though). And although Dr. Lee claims there's no smell, there actually is a faint smell. The smell gets a lot worse when you combine it with minoxidil.

juanto

Reaction score
i've been on it for close to 2 yrs, would give it 5/10. the only topical that truly stopped my hairloss, uhh on the hairline was flutamide, boy that stuff was strong, in 1 wk of using it hairloss was nil. but the side effects overweight the benefits.