spironolactone Cream

tedlin01

Established Member
Reaction score
Just been thinking.. I have been using S5 spironolactone Cream for a couple of months. I have just run out. Question is. Should I order more? What is the general opinion about spironolactone Cream? Does it work?

I am currently only using Revita and Saw Palmetto 500mg as Antiandrogen. Should I keep adding spironolactone Cream or perhaps add something else instead?

rtc84

Established Member
Reaction score
Not quite sure. But I was just taking a look at 'your regimen' ... You're really taking all those things? I don't even know what half of them are. How do you know that they're all working for you and that finasteride or min isn't doing all of the work?

tedlin01

Established Member
Reaction score
rtc84 said:
Not quite sure. But I was just taking a look at 'your regimen' ... You're really taking all those things? I don't even know what half of them are. How do you know that they're all working for you and that finasteride or min isn't doing all of the work?

Oh. I'm sorry. I stopped finasteride and Spectral F7 a moth ago. I just didn't update the regimen. Im certain that minoxidil is helping me regrow but I need some AntiDHT also :)

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are not taking finasteride because of sides then I would continue with spironolactone. However, spironolactone is a WEAK anti-androgen, I wouldn't expect much from it by itself. If you stopped taking finasteride because of sides some of us are going to be trying to micro dose finasteride by taking 0.05mg daily (1/20th of a pill daily). If you got realllly bad sides from finasteride I wouldn't recommend doing this because even at 0.05mg you still inhibit about 50% of your serum dht (compared to about 7x% at 1 mg).

Bottom line being continue using spironolactone if you are not using any other anti-androgen but it should be used in conjuction with another anti-androgen because it is quite weak.

tedlin01

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, how will you dosage 0.05mg?
It's hard enought to split the pill into 4 parts :p

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Nex said:
If you are not taking finasteride because of sides then I would continue with spironolactone. However, spironolactone is a WEAK anti-androgen, I wouldn't expect much from it by itself. If you stopped taking finasteride because of sides some of us are going to be trying to micro dose finasteride by taking 0.05mg daily (1/20th of a pill daily). If you got realllly bad sides from finasteride I wouldn't recommend doing this because even at 0.05mg you still inhibit about 50% of your serum dht (compared to about 7x% at 1 mg).

Bottom line being continue using spironolactone if you are not using any other anti-androgen but it should be used in conjuction with another anti-androgen because it is quite weak.

This is bullshit dude...give me some studies about spironolactone,where it's said that spironolactone is weak DHT inhibitor... :thumbdown2:

tedlin01

Established Member
Reaction score
maximiliandreams said:
Nex said:

This is bullshit dude...give me some studies about spironolactone,where it's said that spironolactone is weak DHT inhibitor... :thumbdown2:

Where does it say that it's not? :) ... For topical use that is.

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
The owner of this site has successfully used Topical Spironolactone as the core of his hair maintenance regimen for over 5 years. And you guys talking bullshits..israelite and tedlin,do you even know what is this ingredient "spironolactone" ?
This product is one of the "Big Guns" for both men and women. There are several antiandrogens which are taken orally that could cure hair loss. The problem is, some of them will also wreak havoc on your hormone system.Generic Finasteride (Propecia) for men only, is the most tolerated of all the orally ingested antiandrogens, and it does a phenomenal job at stopping further hair loss. It is one of the "Big Three" (a phrase coined for Propecia, Rogaine, and Nizoral Shampoo) that many of our users live and breathe by. Spironolactone works for many women orally, but is not an option for men due to feminizing effects.However, a topically applied, locally working version of Spironolactone would seem like a complete dream. So here it is. This powerful antiandrogen will only absorb locally. This not only doubles the effect of your Propecia regimen, but it adds absolutely no side effects to the equation. Topical Spironolactone absorbs only into the scalp skin, and locally stops the formation of DHT, as well as blocks androgen receptors in the follicle. This product is a perfect complement to a Propecia or Revivogen regimen.
So you still think Spironolactone is weak? ;) A lot of you guys,making the same mistake EVERY day when i enter this forum..you try some treatment and if you have no regrowth after 6 months,you say there is no effect from this treatment,but you are wrong and i will tell you why,well in short my story.I started minoxidil alone before 2 years..it was weak alone vs hairloss,so i added finasteride..so in my case i am only maintaining with finasteride,and what i noticed is that when i am only on finasteride i have no regrowth,but i maintain my hair...so i decided to add minoxidil (well,i stopped minoxidil when i started finasteride because i thought it was not working but i was wrong)so..i added minoxidil to the regimen in month 3 of finasteride,and i had amazing regrowth..and i was 100% sure that this regrowth is from finasteride because,i was on minoxidil 1 year and i saw nothing from it..but i was WRONG again...in my case i maintain with finasteride,and when i had the amazing regrowth i made the terrible mistake to stop minoxidil cause like i sad i was using it 1 year and i saw no results from it but i was wrong..i didn't saw results because minoxidil was too weak alone vs hairloss and in this case finasteride provides the DHT blocking but no regrowth,the regrowth was from minoxidil,so when i stopped minoxidil AFTER the regrowth i lost a lot of hair after 2 months...now i restarted minoxidil and i already see results..the weak hair is falling and the stronger hair is coming...so don't do that mistakes guys,it's very very bad...this hairloss treatments ..they need a lot of studies by us..every one of us is different and you need to experiment a lot to understand which of the meds work...so once again spironolactone IS NOT WEAK,so if spironolactone is weak i can say the same thing for minoxidil..but as you see if i am only on finasteride i am loosing my hair without finasteride,and if am only on minoxidil without finasteride i am loosing my hair again,because as i said i was on minoxidil 1 year before i started finasteride..and it's too weak against hairloss,guys please read my post careffuly and think with your head about that ! :shakehead:

abcdefg

Reaction score
I would keep in mind spironolactone like many of the topicals is untested and unproven for treatment of hair loss. Making an effective topical is not an easy thing to get right what is the best combination of ingredients and delivery vehicle to actually work best? For all I know the cream just sits on my scalp does nothing, and I wash it off next time I shower. Sure we have theoretical evidence it should work because it has history of inhibit androgens, but the devil is in the details.
I will also say if I used spironolactone everywhere on my head my hair would look like I took a shower and the my hair loss would look 5 times worse every single day for however long I used it. Then it might not actually end up doing much of anything.

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
Max: I am just going off of what others have said about spironolactone. Many people agree it is a fairly weak anti androgen when compared to things like finasteride or ru. I recall Bryan saying it is about half a strong as RU (Not sure what he was basing this off of)

ABCDEFG: There actually are tests, testing topical sprio. With a quick google search you can find a few, most of them saying it reduces the presence of DHT in the follicle or something like that can't quite remember, but look it up and see for yourself.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
maximiliandreams said:
The owner of this site has successfully used Topical Spironolactone as the core of his hair maintenance regimen for over 5 years. And you guys talking bullshits..israelite and tedlin,do you even know what is this ingredient "spironolactone" ?
This product is one of the "Big Guns" for both men and women. There are several antiandrogens which are taken orally that could cure hair loss. The problem is, some of them will also wreak havoc on your hormone system.Generic Finasteride (Propecia) for men only, is the most tolerated of all the orally ingested antiandrogens, and it does a phenomenal job at stopping further hair loss. It is one of the "Big Three" (a phrase coined for Propecia, Rogaine, and Nizoral Shampoo) that many of our users live and breathe by. Spironolactone works for many women orally, but is not an option for men due to feminizing effects.However, a topically applied, locally working version of Spironolactone would seem like a complete dream. So here it is. This powerful antiandrogen will only absorb locally. This not only doubles the effect of your Propecia regimen, but it adds absolutely no side effects to the equation. Topical Spironolactone absorbs only into the scalp skin, and locally stops the formation of DHT, as well as blocks androgen receptors in the follicle. This product is a perfect complement to a Propecia or Revivogen regimen.
So you still think Spironolactone is weak? ;) A lot of you guys,making the same mistake EVERY day when i enter this forum..you try some treatment and if you have no regrowth after 6 months,you say there is no effect from this treatment,but you are wrong and i will tell you why,well in short my story.I started minoxidil alone before 2 years..it was weak alone vs hairloss,so i added finasteride..so in my case i am only maintaining with finasteride,and what i noticed is that when i am only on finasteride i have no regrowth,but i maintain my hair...so i decided to add minoxidil (well,i stopped minoxidil when i started finasteride because i thought it was not working but i was wrong)so..i added minoxidil to the regimen in month 3 of finasteride,and i had amazing regrowth..and i was 100% sure that this regrowth is from finasteride because,i was on minoxidil 1 year and i saw nothing from it..but i was WRONG again...in my case i maintain with finasteride,and when i had the amazing regrowth i made the terrible mistake to stop minoxidil cause like i sad i was using it 1 year and i saw no results from it but i was wrong..i didn't saw results because minoxidil was too weak alone vs hairloss and in this case finasteride provides the DHT blocking but no regrowth,the regrowth was from minoxidil,so when i stopped minoxidil AFTER the regrowth i lost a lot of hair after 2 months...now i restarted minoxidil and i already see results..the weak hair is falling and the stronger hair is coming...so don't do that mistakes guys,it's very very bad...this hairloss treatments ..they need a lot of studies by us..every one of us is different and you need to experiment a lot to understand which of the meds work...so once again spironolactone IS NOT WEAK,so if spironolactone is weak i can say the same thing for minoxidil..but as you see if i am only on finasteride i am loosing my hair without finasteride,and if am only on minoxidil without finasteride i am loosing my hair again,because as i said i was on minoxidil 1 year before i started finasteride..and it's too weak against hairloss,guys please read my post careffuly and think with your head about that ! :shakehead:
there is 45 page thread on spironolactone cream please show me 1 success story!

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
maximiliandreams i dont need to be lectured on the on big3 or whatever your talking about. my regimen consist of cb-03-01, copper peptides, asc j9, bim and rum. i willpost pics later today!

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
israelite said:
maximiliandreams i dont need to be lectured on the on big3 or whatever your talking about. my regimen consist of cb-03-01, copper peptides, asc j9, bim and rum. i willpost pics later today!

Omg..grow up.

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
maximiliandreams said:
israelite said:

Omg..grow up.
Well,guys..it's simple,i dont want to argue with you.. dont use spironolactone,that's all i am quit ;)

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
I do use spironolactone though? People should know that you shouldn't expect miracles from it. I fully agree though that people usually do not give treatments a full 6 months, because from one day to the next you are not going to see much of an improvement. But maybe 4, 5, 6 months down the line from consistently using your treatment you may see success!

In my opinion the success you will get from spironolactone is maintaining, or slowing down your hairloss (which is obviously good!), if you are a very good responder you might get some regrowth aswell. This is from applying spironolactone twice a day to the effected area. This is my opinon of spironolactone, I have used it now for about 5 months.

I do encourage people to use spironolactone, especially if they are not using finasteride. However: a) Don't expect miracles from it and b) Use it in conjuction with other anti-androgens in order to get results (maybe Keto shampoo daily)

abcdefg

Reaction score
Do the studies of spironolactone though give the exact formulations of the spironolactone they tested? Using spironolactone for hair loss requires different ingredients that can be mixed in different amounts what exact combination did they use and is the version we buy the same as that?
I will say I am using spironolactone but its a real pain to use and a constant reminder of it getting slowly worse. I dont even bother trying to use anywhere I actually have hair because its too messy.
I have not found any topical spironolactone studies but I wouldnt understand them anyways I am not a chemistry biology guy.

lucas0581

Reaction score
I've been thinking about adding spironolactone into my regiem, just because it´s easy to get and use compared to other options out there like RU and CB, and it´s not expensive. But one thing, I've heard about people who use's finasteride and also dutasteride topicaly, and they got sides from them still, less then taking oraly ofcourse but after a while some sides appeared, as well as RU lot of people report a few sides. spironolactone orall is supposed to be a lot more dangerous than finasteride, so what about topically, no one ever reports sides? even those who take it twice a day.

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
the problem is

1)most of you don't do anything to try to treat your hair loss until it is too late, and that is your own fault. these treatments aren't miracle makers.

2) most of you aren't using the treatment long enough

3)most of you are expecting unrealistic results

rcom440

Reaction score
I totally agree with Sniper9.
BTW, what happened to Bryan. Is he still around? I don't know him personally but for some reason I think Bryan and Dr. Proctor are same person.