spironolactone Cream

Jm0311

Reaction score
Where do you guys get your spironolactone from?

without a consultation?

Anyone with some good results?

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ive been on this board for like 3 years now and I have NEVER. NEVER EVER EVER. heard one good testimonial regarding spironolactone cream. WHy do people still insist on using it when if you go by forum members experiences, it clearly does not do a thing.

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
It's coming on 5 months for me on spironolactone 5% cream from Dr lee, I only use a bit of Tricimon as well and I can say my hair is the worst it's ever been.

spironolactone didn't work for me. I know it's only 5 months but I would have an idea by now.

I'm trying Flutamide next, as in the new Flutagel from a company called Sinere.

I think Revivogen would be better then spironolactone but I can’t use it because as with minoxidil it irritates my scalp.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
JayB said:
ive been on this board for like 3 years now and I have NEVER. NEVER EVER EVER. heard one good testimonial regarding spironolactone cream. WHy do people still insist on using it when if you go by forum members experiences, it clearly does not do a thing.

I agree with this. Very few people are atrracted to the post because most long time posters that have been around for a while know spironolactone does f-uck all. Thats the sad reality of it.

The only topical that works is Minoxidil.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
worst of all, spironolactone cream stink like mad!!! i used DIY version before and it only 2.5%. didn't use it long enough to tell whether is it working.

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
perhaps my nose is not working, but certainly with Dr Lee's spironolactone cream (5%) I can't really smell anything at all... whatever they've done works.

Whether spironolactone cream works is another question all together! I think very few people use just spironolactone cream on it''s own, so it's hard to say how effective it is. Worth trying in addition to your regimen on your worst spots for 6 months perhaps, see if it does anything for you, but definately definately don't view it as a stand alone treatment imo.

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
If you really want to try it just get the 5% cream from Doctor Lee, Like Rustys said, It does not smell at all.

I think Genhair do it in a 2% lotion but it probs stinks.

evildude

Established Member
Reaction score
hairsucks said:
It's coming on 5 months for me on spironolactone 5% cream from Dr lee, I only use a bit of Tricimon as well and I can say my hair is the worst it's ever been.

spironolactone didn't work for me. I know it's only 5 months but I would have an idea by now.

spironolactone does work, but weren't you previously on "the big three"? if so, i don't think you can expect spironolactone to work as well as finasteride, nizoral and minoxidil combined.

i use spironolactone 5% twice a day. have been on it for about two months now. i think i might have shed a little bit at each temple. not a lot. there are a few hairs coming up in and around my hairline now. some, maybe around 20-30 at each temple, seemingly terminal and a bunch of vellus hair(darker than the normal white fuzz).

won't call it a success or anything, but i can feel a bit of stubble at my temples.

Matt27

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried Lee's 5% spironolactone cream for several months with zero results. I still have a full jar if anyone wants it. I'm using it as a paper weight now which seems to be the only thing topical spironolactone is really good for.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
JayB said:

I agree with this. Very few people are atrracted to the post because most long time posters that have been around for a while know spironolactone does f-uck all. Thats the sad reality of it.

I've been viewing these boards for 4 years, and have been using spironolactone for 2.

It works quite well for me.

Matt27

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
metalheaddude said:
JayB said:

I've been viewing these boards for 4 years, and have been using spironolactone for 2.

It works quite well for me.

Is that the ONLY thing you're using?

JWM

Reaction score
I have been on this site and others for years and have read plenty of good testimonials for spironolactone. People need to realize that much like Finasteride, it will help primarily with maintenance and not regrowth so set your expectations accordingly.

One of the moderators here, The Gardener, is a big fan of spironolactone.