spironolactone Application question

morphuesX

Reaction score
i got my dr lee's spironolactone 2% and it's a dabber bottle :roll: ..how do i apply that??..iam used to applying topicals with the filler..i want to use it on the hairline and the crown..am i suppose just "dab" it and leave it at that or rub it in

Any of guys using it just share ur experiences with using spironolactone

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
I've used the 2% dabber and think it's a very good and efficient method of application. You should be able to press the dabber against your hairline/crown and dispense enough to moisten the area well, even if you hair is fairly thick.

The dabber does come off the bottle though if you prefer to use a dropper. Just be very careful and slowly twist it off, maybe use a dull knife to pry it open the first bit.

If you also use minoxidil, the 2% spironolactone is meant to go on before minoxidil. Lee says 15 minutes before is enough. With Lee's 5% spironolactone cream, you apply it after minoxidil.

I tried Lee's 2% for 6-7 months last spring, but can't really say if it helped any because I was starting to get good minoxidil results at the time.

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
I never rubbed it in myself btw. I'd just apply and let dry. If you do rub it in you should probably wash your hands after.

tonyg

Reaction score
where do u purchase the spironolactone treatments....

NilesTilden said:
I've used the 2% dabber and think it's a very good and efficient method of application. You should be able to press the dabber against your hairline/crown and dispense enough to moisten the area well, even if you hair is fairly thick.

The dabber does come off the bottle though if you prefer to use a dropper. Just be very careful and slowly twist it off, maybe use a dull knife to pry it open the first bit.

If you also use minoxidil, the 2% spironolactone is meant to go on before minoxidil. Lee says 15 minutes before is enough. With Lee's 5% spironolactone cream, you apply it after minoxidil.

I tried Lee's 2% for 6-7 months last spring, but can't really say if it helped any because I was starting to get good minoxidil results at the time.

tonyg

Reaction score
morphuesX said:
thanx niles
iam kinda getting used to the dabber application now

tonyg

i ordered mine from dr lee's website http://www.minoxidil.com .

is dr lees the same at the minoxidil i would get at costco..any difference...different side affects?

is the dr.lees easier on your scalp?
and to order from dr. lee i see u need a perscription