spironolactone and FLAKING

doubleplay

Established Member
Reaction score
Been using spironolactone 2% the past couple months and over a month into it I started noticing flaking which i previously never had. I especially notice it after my 2/3x/week nizoral application. IS this due to the residual left over from the spironolactone lotion or the dryness that seems to occur on the scalp due to the alcohol? At any rate, what should I do to remedy this??

Thanks

tray85

Reaction score
Might be contact dermatitis, you might be allergic to the product. Many of these products although work well, cause secondary symptoms such as inflammation, irritation and allergic reactions. A dandruff shampoo will only mask the problem (and might even contribute more to the flaking problem due to their irritating ingredients). Try discontinuing the use of it for a while and see if it goes away. You can try a patch test by putting some on the inside of your arm where it bends, rub it in really well and give it a few days and see if you get a reaction.

-tray

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I notice this sometimes too. I think it just residual of the spironolactone like you said. I havn't experienced any flaking or irritation.