spironolactone again

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
I know this question has come up often, but how are all the spironolactone users doing? What do you think? The reason I ask is because I remember I started almost 3 months ago after dropping finasteride, and it seemed like there were others like Jm0311, JohnnySeville, and RadioRaheem, etc. who were using it without finasteride and others were still debating. Every one of these people seemed to disappear, except maybe RadioRaheem. What happened to all the spironolactone/no finasteride people? I think I've lost more hair in the past 6 months (the time I spent on finasteride/spironolactone/switched to foam) and I felt like I was doing better with just minoxidil. I'm hoping it's shedding, but I just feel like I should be seeing results soon if it is. I just want to know what people think of spironolactone (topical) who have been on it for a while. Could it even be hurting my hair?

Jm0311

Reaction score
hey....lol its a coinsidence that after not being on here long. I come back to see this post. I think i might have maintained with revivogen. To begin with i was just a nw2 and i think i am still. My right temple seems to slooooooooowly be getting worse....i think once my revivogen runs out..im going to get on fluridil/spironolactone combo.

I would love to here more on the rest of the guys. not using finasteride.
basically. I have been using spironolactone everynight with revivogen EOD or so. with jasons thin to thick. and i forgot all about this site. Ill see where i am 6 months from now as well.

Please other spironolactone users share your info!

Sean68

Reaction score
ive used it on and off. i think you need to be using it at least twice a day
and it just wasnt possible to do so i dropped it. the lack of any real success stories put me off as well.

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
Rage do you use topical finasteride?? Has it worked well for you??

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
Sir Guy of Frizzbourne said:
I know this question has come up often, but how are all the spironolactone users doing? What do you think? The reason I ask is because I remember I started almost 3 months ago after dropping finasteride, and it seemed like there were others like Jm0311, JohnnySeville, and RadioRaheem, etc. who were using it without finasteride and others were still debating. Every one of these people seemed to disappear, except maybe RadioRaheem. What happened to all the spironolactone/no finasteride people? I think I've lost more hair in the past 6 months (the time I spent on finasteride/spironolactone/switched to foam) and I felt like I was doing better with just minoxidil. I'm hoping it's shedding, but I just feel like I should be seeing results soon if it is. I just want to know what people think of spironolactone (topical) who have been on it for a while. Could it even be hurting my hair?

Hey there. I believe JohnnySeville has dropped spironolactone due to inconvenience. I noticed this when I looked at his regimen a few weeks ago (he updated it).

So now onto my story... I had noticeable regrowth in March, when I went on vacation. But then by April, things went downhill, and I was even shedding. Then I got a haircut in the ending of April or first week of July, and my hair was in a worst state than it had ever been, maybe even worse than last summer.

But today, I'm happy to report that I've been experiencing decent regrowth (I'm trying to be humble here as to not jinx myself), and my hair is definitely better than it was last summer! In just a matter of weeks, my temples started to grow in at a nice pace. That's where my hair loss (thinning) is. I'm just hoping it continues to regrow so well that I can grow my hair out longer if I want. It's interesting how this plays a big role into my confidence, which has risen as of late.

I dont plan on making any changes or additions to my regimen just yet. I'm gonna continue to see what happens this summer. If I feel my temples still need a little improving, I'll add in Eucapil (Fluridil). But for now, I'm sticking with my current regimen (which I've been on since January, so just about 6 months now).

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
Congratulations raheem!

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually thought I noticed some new peach fuzz recently, but I don't even know if it's regrowth. My hair has not been looking too great lately. I really hope there's a comeback in my near future. I don't mind having a somewhat high hairline. I just can't stand all this thinning. All I need is a little more, but it's not looking good.

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
KiLLuMiNaTi said:
Congratulations raheem!

Thanks!

I just received a free bottle of Revivogen in the mail today. Thanks to a kind member of hairlosshelp.com who was giving a few away. So I'm adding Revivogen to my regimen now as well, so that should make my regimen that much stronger. The bottle I have should last me 6+ months I figure since I'm only applying it to my temples. So we shall see how it goes...

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just thought I'd let you guys know that I got 3 months out of a one month supply of Genhair's spironolactone. Thought I'd let you guys know because the question of how long the containers last used to come up.

Radio:
When you say you are using Revivogen, do you mean the shampoo and conditioner, or are you talking about the topical treatment?

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
KiLLuMiNaTi said:
Rage do you use topical finasteride?? Has it worked well for you??

Yes I use it.. I think it's kept my hair "stable", but still losing ground ever so slowly..

CCS

Reaction score
male pattern baldness is a very slow process, and not always the same speed, and different speeds from person to person. The spironolactone users can't tell you if it works. Just look at the small in vivo studies. spironolactone is not as effective as propecia. But use spironolactone topically if you want to improve the effects of propecia, or if you can't take propecia.

The spironolactone users can only tell you how annoying it is, and how much it costs, or how to make your own cheaply.

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
Sir Guy of Frizzbourne said:
Hi, I just thought I'd let you guys know that I got 3 months out of a one month supply of Genhair's spironolactone. Thought I'd let you guys know because the question of how long the containers last used to come up.

Radio:
When you say you are using Revivogen, do you mean the shampoo and conditioner, or are you talking about the topical treatment?

Sorry, I've been away for quite a while. :)

So yes, I've added Revivogen, and it's the topical treatment.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
just do it

RaginDemon

Reaction score
just do it

exstatic

Reaction score
Ive been using spironolactone, nizoral and minoxidil for about 3 years now and my hairloss has stopped and a little regrowth also.. occasionally my hair gets a bit thinner, but then thickens up again.. its probably because im lazy and forget some times.

I only apply minoxidil at night, and about 10 mins later 5% spironolactone.. then go to bed.

So 1 application daily is working fine for me.. nizoral every couple of days.

Topical regimens rule. 8)

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
exstatic,

Do you apply spironolactone cream over your entire scalp or just the hairline area?

Re75

Reaction score
I am using Lee's spironolactone and xandrox %12.5 twice a day for I guess almost a month now ( But I need to work on consistency theres been 5-7 days or more where I used it once a day or didnt do all around applications)..Basically my temples are worse and it's thinner in the front, thats where my hairloss is but theres initial shedding so I'll come back and report in like a year. The psychological effects of seeing less hair is really messing me up though, I'm only 22 and just would look disasterous if I lose my hair in the front. My dad basically has no frontal hair at 67, and for the past 20 or so years looking back you could say there was a tuft on the front getting thinner so thats my own future unless this works..., I may risk propecia in the future if it doesn't. But, it really pisses me off how long this stem cell research is taking for follicle multiplication. It's on the brink of history and it feels like theyre putting off for the next generation and we're going to get old before its available for us. There should be extra compassion for the people in the present period who are the last ones to maybe suffer untreatable baldness before there are totally functional methods for natural regeneration. And I hope if something does happen soon they don't overprice, you could charge one guy only 200 dollars for the thing and the company would still make bazillions as then everyone practically could afford it and would go instead of a more limited margin of the rich. Gah, hurry up !!