spironolactone 5% in a *solution* is being sold.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I always prefer a solution as opposed to a cream vehicle, but i thought spironolactone wouldnt disolve to a 5% solution.

However there is a place that is selling a spironolactone 5% in a solution. Its called: CuttingEdge Laboratories Topical Spironolactone 5% solution is a FULL 8 Oz. (232 ML’s)

Is this possible?

Here is the link to the site: http://www.cemproducts.com/tosp5.html

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
blaze said:
I always prefer a solution as opposed to a cream vehicle, but i thought spironolactone wouldnt disolve to a 5% solution.

However there is a place that is selling a spironolactone 5% in a solution. Its called: CuttingEdge Laboratories Topical Spironolactone 5% solution is a FULL 8 Oz. (232 ML’s)

Is this possible?

Almost a 4 month supply at a reasonable price. Between this place and GenHair and several other sites - Dr. Lee's got some serious competition.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
has anyone actually had good success with spironolactone or do u just use it to make u feel like your really doing all yuo can about your hair loss

luke77

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't used this solution but have been thinking about it - I'd also be interested in the "expert's opinions on whether it is good stuff or no.

alfonso2501

Established Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if I actually would trust that website. I’d give it a year or two before I actually bought anything from them because they really don't have an established track record. Has anyone else ever heard of them before? I mean Dr. Lee is a thief for charging the prices he does but he’s a thief you could trust. No one questions his products. Is cemproducts.com located in a some 3rd world country with little or no regulation? I wasn’t able to find out much from that website.

luke77

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those are the same questions I have...however, I have the same questions about genhair.com. They claim to be based in Florida, but they are selling prescription drugs without a prescription, so....

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
alfonso2501 said:
luke77 said:
...they are selling prescription drugs without a prescription, so....

Yeah I agree, that's never a good sigh :adminfinger:

All the online pharmacies are selling prescription drugs without prescription, its how most people are getting their dutasteride, finasteride etc.

Its not illegal as long as they are based overseas.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone should email them and ask them some questions. Maybe we can find out if these people are legitimate. I hope cause 5% spironolactone "solution" sounds wonderful. :)

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
blaze said:

Is this possible?

The only way to know if this is true is to get the solution tested in a lab.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blaze said:

Is this possible?

That obviously depends on the solvent.

In response to some of the other replies to this thread, the company has been around for quite some time (in Internet years). I've never personally ordered anything from them, but they aren't a scam. Also, don't forget that you're not purchasing prescription drugs from them, but chemicals for laboratory research that also happen to be sold as prescription drugs in the United States. :wink:

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dave001 said:
blaze said:

Is this possible?

That obviously depends on the solvent.

In response to some of the other replies to this thread, the company has been around for quite some time (in Internet years). I've never personally ordered anything from them, but they aren't a scam. Also, don't forget that you're not purchasing prescription drugs from them, but chemicals for laboratory research that also happen to be sold as prescription drugs in the United States. :wink:
Do you think the spironolactone 5% solution they have to offer is worth a go? I asked Dr. Lee a while back if he would ever come out with a 5% spironolactone solution version instead of a cream and he said no. Makes me wonder why. :?

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dice_Has_Hair said:
Do you think the spironolactone 5% solution they have to offer is worth a go?

I have no idea. I've never seen it. The price is much better than Dr. Lee's though. There is a forum in which you can ask questions and read feedback about their products. You have to register to read the posts, unfortunately.

You can also buy spironolactone tablets and prepare your own formulation. The best price that I've been able to find spironolactone for is 50 x 100 mg tablets @ $15 from squaremeds.com.

Dice_Has_Hair said:
I asked Dr. Lee a while back if he would ever come out with a 5% spironolactone solution version instead of a cream and he said no. Makes me wonder why. :?

Probably because it's much more stable when suspended in a cream vehicle. It's also not very soluble in most solvents typically used for topical application.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dave001 said:
Dice_Has_Hair said:

I have no idea. I've never seen it. The price is much better than Dr. Lee's though. There is a forum in which you can ask questions and read feedback about their products. You have to register to read the posts, unfortunately.

You can also buy spironolactone tablets and prepare your own formulation. The best price that I've been able to find spironolactone for is 50 x 100 mg tablets @ $15 from squaremeds.com.

[quote="Dice_Has_Hair":b0b8a]
I asked Dr. Lee a while back if he would ever come out with a 5% spironolactone solution version instead of a cream and he said no. Makes me wonder why. :?

Probably because it's much more stable when suspended in a cream vehicle. It's also not very soluble in most solvents typically used for topical application.[/quote:b0b8a]Where is this forum located for their products? I would like to read up on the posts. Maybe ask some questions.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dice_Has_Hair said:
Dave001 said:
[quote="Dice_Has_Hair":67721]

[quote="Dice_Has_Hair":67721]

Probably because it's much more stable when suspended in a cream vehicle. It's also not very soluble in most solvents typically used for topical application.[/quote:67721]Where is this forum located for their products? I would like to read up on the posts. Maybe ask some questions.[/quote:67721]

I had included a link in my post (see above). :wink:

alfonso2501

Established Member
Reaction score
global said:
alfonso2501 said:
luke77 said:
...they are selling prescription drugs without a prescription, so....

Yeah I agree, that's never a good sigh :adminfinger:

All the online pharmacies are selling prescription drugs without prescription, its how most people are getting their dutasteride, finasteride etc.

Its not illegal as long as they are based overseas.

I have to admit, you do have a point. I’m just reminded of an old saying, “never the first nor the last beâ€￾

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
So no one has actually ordered from these guys yet...this seems interesting..