spironolactone 5% and watery semen?

BornIn89

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using using 5% spironolactone for about 2 months now and I got really thin watery semen....? I stopped using it 4 days ago and it seems to be back to normal today. I also think I got less morning erections while on it. What the deuce?

Hairforever

Established Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a softness in my erections recently and was thinking it might be due to spironolactone. It's advertised as having no-side effects but maybe there is systemic absorption. I would also be interested in the views and experiences of existing and former spironolactone users. Maybe I'm using too much on my bald patch!

Ende

Reaction score
Interesting. Some RU users have complained about "watery semen" as well. I guess it's a typical sign of anti-androgenic activity when it comes to systemic absorption. You don't have any brain fog? Very large doses of RU causes ED, apparently by temporary weakening the penile muscles.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yup, I got the whole package of sides from spironolactone too.

I don't trust a word anybody says about "no systematic absorption" the mechanics of the anti-androgen mean it will give you sides sooner or later even if they are lesser sides than say finasteride or dutasteride.

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
i can somewhat believe this...

im getting my bloodwork done and after i start taking spironolactone..so i'll be able to see exactly whats going on.