Spermidine novel stem cell modulator, hair growth stimulator

thatbaldguy

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here. Decided to post this brand-new research about spermidine.

Spermidine Promotes Human Hair Growth and Is a Novel Modulator of Human Epithelial Stem Cell Functions

Full article: http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0022564

TLDR, ...our current data suggest that human HF epithelial stem cells are profoundly modulated by spermidine... Specifically, we demonstrate that spermidine stimulates hair shaft elongation, accompanied by prolongation of anagen, and thus directly promotes human HF growth...topical or nutraceutical spermidine application may reduce telogen effluvium in patients that suffer from hair loss due to premature anagen termination (e.g. by androgens, perifollicular inflammation, iron or estrogen deficiency, or effluvium-inducing drugs)...

Spermidine is found in semen and grapefruit according to Wikipedia.

T

TravisB

Yes! So we just have to apply semen (or grapefruit) topically! The cure turned out to be closer than we thought :D

thatbaldguy

Reaction score
There have been lots of urban legends about applying semen to scalp, but I can't find any evidence that someone has actually tried it. I'm just thinking if it would work, we should already know about it. So probably it needs something else too.

T

TravisB

Haha that would be just nasty! But if it would give huge effects with regrowth... :whistle: I just don't think that I oould withstand producing this topical to cover Norwood 6 area :D

DavisNY

Established Member
Reaction score
So now we are supposed to take whats ejaculated into the condom and massage it into our scalps?

Forgive me if I dont get to excited...

I read through parts of the article and did not come across a single before/after photo.

Until I see some serious proof this is just more bs

T

TravisB

Hmm, so would it be enough just to squeeze the juice from grapefruit and apply it on the scalp? Or would I need some sort of grapefruit seed oil? It doesn't hurt to try. I'm too repulsed by going the semen route, so I will rather choose grapefruit :D