spectral / scalpmed

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
has anyone tried these products or can anyone explain why they are not a very wise choice...? thanks.

Chris23

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm watching the ScalpMed infomercial at this very minute & I'd like to know that as well. The pics they show do look impressive, although I'm sure minoxidil is the main ingredient in it.

viperfish

Reaction score
As I have said before I really like scalpmed. I have also had some decent results in the past 3 months of use. Basically, it has helped to thicken my existing hair. I can't say much for regrowth because my hair is diffusely thinning. I need more thickening than regrowth. However, the active ingredient in scalpmed is just plain old minoxidil mixed in with retinol, amino acids, saw palmetto, beta-sitosterol, polysorbate 80, and some other things. The formula goes on really easy and is dry within 20 minutes. Also it causes zero scalp irritation, which is a huge plus for me. In the past when I used regular minoxidil my scalp would itch and the skin would peel and flake off in my hair. I never had results from regular over the counter minoxidil. Scalpmeds other products are fantastic also. The shampoo may be the best shampoo I have ever used and their styling aid is by far the best I have used for thickening and styling. Overall, I have been very pleased with scalpmed and will continue to use it for a long time. The only bad part is that it is expensive ($75/month), but if money is not an issue go for it or at least try it for a couple of months.

I also have been using a supplement called vitacel for the past two months. This may be helping some. You can read up on vitacel here:

http://www.cellhealthmakeover.com/hair.html

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
good to hear viperfish...i know we both have similar scalp irratation problems to other products. I'm wanting to get on minoxidil but i'm taking my time to figure out which brand. Are u using it twice a day? Spectra's site talks a lot about the dandruff and irratation it can cause.

G

Spectral DNC make me shedd BIIG!!
Maybe its becouse it working but i dubt it!! Will see if the hair I lost come back without it :(

viperfish

Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
good to hear viperfish...i know we both have similar scalp irratation problems to other products. I'm wanting to get on minoxidil but i'm taking my time to figure out which brand. Are u using it twice a day? Spectra's site talks a lot about the dandruff and irratation it can cause.

I'm not using spectral dnc. I'm using scalpmed. I do use scalpmed twice per day. I'm not too sure about spectral dnc, but most people tend to like it.

Fight4hairs,

You are going through a minoxidil shed. Just ride it out man.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah, i'm looking to thicken up and maybe get some regrowth... scalpmed sounds pretty easy to apply and i think the non-irratation aspect might be worth the money for me.

viperfish

Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
yeah, i'm looking to thicken up and maybe get some regrowth... scalpmed sounds pretty easy to apply and i think the non-irratation aspect might be worth the money for me.

Yeah, like I said it is expensive, but I don't think you will have any problems with irritation. I have not at all. I would recommend trying their shampoo and styling aid to.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i shaved my head so i don't need styling aid. I've been using johnson and johnson baby oil shampoo to keep my scalp in good shape. You say you tried Dr. lee's ppg free minoxidil?

viperfish

Reaction score
No I used the standard minoxidil #500 on his website. The one that is 50% alcohol and 30% ppg. I did however use regular minoxidil (rogaine) without much luck

Felk

Reaction score
viperfish said:
As I have said before I really like scalpmed. I have also had some decent results in the past 3 months of use. Basically, it has helped to thicken my existing hair. I can't say much for regrowth because my hair is diffusely thinning. I need more thickening than regrowth. However, the active ingredient in scalpmed is just plain old minoxidil mixed in with retinol, amino acids, saw palmetto, beta-sitosterol, polysorbate 80, and some other things. The formula goes on really easy and is dry within 20 minutes. Also it causes zero scalp irritation, which is a huge plus for me. In the past when I used regular minoxidil my scalp would itch and the skin would peel and flake off in my hair. I never had results from regular over the counter minoxidil. Scalpmeds other products are fantastic also. The shampoo may be the best shampoo I have ever used and their styling aid is by far the best I have used for thickening and styling. Overall, I have been very pleased with scalpmed and will continue to use it for a long time. The only bad part is that it is expensive ($75/month), but if money is not an issue go for it or at least try it for a couple of months.

I also have been using a supplement called vitacel for the past two months. This may be helping some. You can read up on vitacel here:

http://www.cellhealthmakeover.com/hair.html

Hey viperfish, i'm assuming your "my regimen" button is out of date. Did you have no success with proxiphen then?

viperfish

Reaction score
Felk,

No success with proxiphen whatsoever ( I am one of many). That was a huge waste of money. I still use nano shampoo, but I don't think it is doing much of anything. I have had much more success with scalpmed than proxiphen in the short amount of time using it. I also gave up on alpecin after about 5 months. It was not doing a damn thing and I think maybe made my hair somewhat thinner in appearance. Thanks for telling me I need to update my regimen.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so you're still taking .25mgs of finasteride? i thought u got bad side effects from it. Also, did you try dr. lee's ppg free minoxidil?

viperfish

Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
so you're still taking .25mgs of finasteride? i thought u got bad side effects from it. Also, did you try dr. lee's ppg free minoxidil?

I still get nut pain from .25mgs, but that is all. I tried .5 mgs and could not handle it. So for right now I'm using .25 mgs. If the nut pain does not subside soon I will be off it quick. I don't think I tried the ppg free version. I tried his standard minoxidil. I would assume if it is ppg free that there is alot of alcohol in it.