Spectral DNC sets off my BS meter

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Let me just run down a list of things that make me think that Spectral DNC producer, Divine Skin, is full of it:

-- They make claims on the Spectral packaging that are illegal by FDA regulations. (ie: that their formulation WILL regrow frontal hair)

-- Thier electrolysis system is regarded as a scam link (all sorts of interesting intrigue, there)

-- The link clinical support for their claims for Spectral DNC goes nowhere.

-- They sell cellulite reducing cream. Any dermatologist will tell you this isn't possible

-- In the cellulite reducing cream section, they provide a form to register for the "Results Tracker" where you can prove to yourself that Oligo DX works. But when you attempt to register, it turns out it's not a real form... just an image.

-- The active ingredient acne treatment is "bisazulene". A chemical which is referenced nowhere on the internet except in relationship to their product.

-- There are all sorts of little touches to make the site look like a major pharmaceutical company, but they never follow through: The partnering section says one can request info using the form below-- there is none. The careers section mentions 401k and scientific advancement, yet oddly, there are no poisitons open.

What does all this mean? Hey... I report, you decide.

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, they also set off my $$$ meter. $35 for 2 oz of minoxidil and CP is a little pricey.

powersam

Reaction score
in another thread ccs you were wondering how they could have a product with aminexil and liposomes so cheap, now you think its too expensive?

CCS

Reaction score
relatively cheap compared to amenixil 2%. And I thought liposomes sounded advanced enough that they would cost more than $35. 2oz still is a lot less than 6oz of AC spray or $6 of minoxidil.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Other sketchy things: they're very unclear about whether the actives are encapsulated in liposomes, or if there is just a lot of micronized hops in the mix. Given that they're not shy about making bold claims, it seems odd not to harp on what would be a huge selling point, if true.

I don't have a read clear understanding of how liposomes work (paging collegechemistry), but the directions to "shake well" before each use doesn't make me feel like I'm dealing with a particularly advanced formulation.

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
say what you will, but after one month i have vellus hairs popping up all over my hairline and temples, and a lot of these are becoming darker and darker, and thats all within month one.

CCS

Reaction score
sorry, but my chemistry classes don't cover liposomes.

I heard fat soluble stuff enters the skin easily, and fatt soluble stuff does not enter the blood easily, so that might make liposomes good. but a lot of info is still missing.

bolshy

Reaction score
RYAN2.

Good to hear you're having good results...can yountell me if the DNC stuff dries quicker than normal Monox?

Cheers

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
ive never used regular minoxidil, but this stuff will easily dry within 10 minutes