spectral DNC (minoxidil) head aches

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
just put this on, half of the prescribed dosage, and got immidieat head ache.

its like always it seems (as long as the DNC is being absorbed)

anything to stop it? or just deal with it

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TheHairGrower said:

Maybe they will get less painful in time... Or I suppose you could just try regular pain killers..? Ask a doctor or something though

Goingat20

Reaction score
TheHairGrower said:

is your scalp dry when you apply it?

Sean68

Reaction score
spectral dnc makes me sneeze when i apply it! every time.

anyone else had this?

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you use the pump spray it mist's it and you have a tendency to inhale it. thats why i use an eyedropper to apply it.

as far as the headache. you might just have that side effect because of the minoxidil. Probably just going to have to deal. pop an aleve or something or learn the magical thumb temple rub to get rid of headaches lol.

psych721027

Reaction score
I got the same headaches when I first started the Spectral.DNC. Assuredly from the minoxidil. I started on the 11th of this month. I went down to 0.25ml from initially starting with 1ml, until the headaches went away. And they were pretty bad, considering I almost never get headaches, it's not something I'm used to. Anyway, after they went away, which was about a week or so, I've raised the dosage to 0.5ml and may raise it to 0.75 soon. Although, I seem to get all I need covered with the 0.5ml dosage, so I'll likely just stay there. So, my suggestion is to lower the dosage.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
psych721027 said:
I got the same headaches when I first started the Spectral.DNC. Assuredly from the minoxidil. I started on the 11th of this month. I went down to 0.25ml from initially starting with 1ml, until the headaches went away. And they were pretty bad, considering I almost never get headaches, it's not something I'm used to. Anyway, after they went away, which was about a week or so, I've raised the dosage to 0.5ml and may raise it to 0.75 soon. Although, I seem to get all I need covered with the 0.5ml dosage, so I'll likely just stay there. So, my suggestion is to lower the dosage.

seems the headaches kinda stop but if i put alot ten sprays per temple i think i still get a head ache.

you use 0.5 ml per temple? how many times a day or is this total?

how many ml is 10 sprays?

keep in mind 0.5 ml of DNC is not 0.5ml of minoxidil