Spectral DNC-L

vtec

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the cream - DNC-L?

Is it any good? Same stuff as the spray? Is the spray any good? I hear DNC works...

I was very skeptical using this stuff, but 1yr on foam seems to be doing nothing.

thanks

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Ingredients: Minoxidil 5%, Xanthan Gum; PEG-100; Isopropyl Palmitate; Octadecyl Alcohol; Hexadecanol; Glycerin Monostearate; White Camphor Oil; Oleanolic Acid, Silicon Oil; Propylene Glycol; Proprietary Nanosome Dispersion of Verbascoside, Flax Seed Extract Standardized with Secoisolariciresinol Diglucoside, and Serenoa Repens (Saw Palmeto) Extract; Procyanidin B-2 and C-1; Adenosine, Retinol; Vitamin and Mineral Complex; Ivy (Hedera Helix); Hops (Humulus Lupulus); Diaminopyrimidine Oxide (Aminexil), Piractone Olamine; Emu Oil; Menthol; Arginine; Copper Tripeptide, DMDMH; Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile; Phenoxyethanol.

Spectral DNC-L

$44.95

Size
60 M

I have no experiences with so please someone feel free to chime it.

johnny b

Reaction score
hairrific said:
Ingredients: Minoxidil 5%, Xanthan Gum; PEG-100; Isopropyl Palmitate; Octadecyl Alcohol; Hexadecanol; Glycerin Monostearate; White Camphor Oil; Oleanolic Acid, Silicon Oil; Propylene Glycol; Proprietary Nanosome Dispersion of Verbascoside, Flax Seed Extract Standardized with Secoisolariciresinol Diglucoside, and Serenoa Repens (Saw Palmeto) Extract; Procyanidin B-2 and C-1; Adenosine, Retinol; Vitamin and Mineral Complex; Ivy (Hedera Helix); Hops (Humulus Lupulus); Diaminopyrimidine Oxide (Aminexil), Piractone Olamine; Emu Oil; Menthol; Arginine; Copper Tripeptide, DMDMH; Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile; Phenoxyethanol.

Spectral DNC-L

$44.95

Size
60 M

I have no experiences with so please someone feel free to chime it.
i used it for 3 months ,2 major problems on every bottle the pump stopped working.the other problem was the smell and color.if you plan on going out without a hat you got problems.

Rhetorix

Reaction score
I used it once for 3-4 months,but soon I give it up due its strong smell.It is not possible to socialize in an environment when you have applied it on your scalp.However the results were pretty good by then.

Start:
b1mr4hiozgd0z4k1g.jpg

Day 80:
b1mr5d6tz9vavmfzo.jpg

Start:
b1mr6j1mu2cd6rp10.jpg

Day 80:
b1mr73hwkupqjg0hg.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

vtec

Reaction score
But you take finasteride also?

On all the MEDS you take, was it DNC-L that you noticed hair growth or alongside of finasteride? Or DNC-L alone did it?

Is DNC-L only for frontal, or crown also?

On your regimen, i see DNC-L at night, so you do continue to take it?

Rhetorix

Reaction score
Nope,I stopped using it due to its cost and smell.
I cannot exactly tell whether DNC-L or finasteride has helped but I feel like kinda its mainly due to DNC-L coz it really gets in and you feel it.But of course this is only my opinion.

BTW I need to update my signature,nowadays I use generic minoxidil+finasteride only.I have 1/2 bottle of DNC-L,only use it on sides before going to bed.

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
the ingredients that i see that i would give credit too beacuse I have seen studies done on them are:

Minoxidil, piractone olamine, copper tripeptide, procyandin B-2 and C-1 and emu oil.

I think this product would be good but how long does 60 ml last, that is the question that would make or break it for me. Also, I could defianlty see how this stuff would smell bad and leaving it in just dosent seem like a reasonable request.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
is the smell really bad?

worse than kirklands minoxidil?

60ml lasts about a month for whoever asks that question

i would be interested in a decent growth stimulant if i thot it was worthwhile, this is v.expensive tho

TEDDYRUXPIN

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using spectral DNC lotion for around 5-6 weeks now. The stuff is great. I previously used regaine / rogaine (2%/5%) - liquid and gel on and off without any success. Each time both causing dry skin and alot itching.

As I have been on propecia for more than 8 years, I have never really bothered with minoxidil. Only recently I noticed my temple hairline has been thinning / receding.

The stuff does not stink as previously mentioned. I do not even have itching on the scalp. What you do notice is that if you do not massage the lotion in properly, the skin wil stain yellow as before.

I've started to update a blog.

If you are interested:

http://keepwhatyougot.blogspot.com/

I am now seeing hair growth but not enough to be considered proper hair - more vellus hair.