Spec's story - (updated 28/01 - young guys advice here...)

psych721027

Reaction score
It's hard to tell but it doesn't look much different. Personally, I'm not a fan of the comb forward "Spock" look. At 17 and NW3+, that just sucks bro. If that was me at your age, I'd seriously just shave it and and be done with it, then wait for HM to come out if you want hair later on down the road.

aussie_dude

Reaction score
hey spec
ive just turned 17 and im a N2, ive got a N1.5 hairline thought its just thin in some spots and in the sun and light it looks like a N2 and im also thinning around the "island", though not as bad as yours was in august. Your results are really good i hope i get the same kinda regrowth as you. I also admire the way you accepted hairloss and got on with life. so congrats on that

So my story is really similar to yours. Im just starting year 12 now and im receding pretty fast. My mates give me s**t, but i just laugh it off and even put s**t on myself sometimes. I'm more of the popular, good looking guy at school who captains the rugby league side and has a really good tan/body (sorry if i sound like im bragging). Ive always had good confidence but this hairloss kinda screwed that up. Its turned me into somebody im not. I have a really bad anger problem and this hairloss has made it worst. I constantly argue with my parents, losing passion for sport, and losing interest in going out. and when i do go out i ruin it by belting (fighting) somebody, even though i try not too. Like for example on the weekend at a party some guy said he uses surf wax for hair gel. I laughed and said What? are you kidding your gonna screw your hair up. he goes if my hair ended up like yours id kill myself. this set me off, and it hurt me real bad, not to mention embaressed the f**k out of me in front of all my mates. instead of shrugging it off i walked up to him face to face and layed the sweetest punch ive ever thrown on his nose. It shattered his nose and he actually had to have surgery on it. ( he told me he is going to sue me)

I felt so bad as soon as a did it and walked home (about 2 and half hour walk) to do some thinking. Then tonight i seen your post and it gave me a bit of hope, bit of inspiration to help me change and try to be the person i was just 6 months ago.

anyway ive talked waaay to much, ill let you know how i go with my results. good on ya mate congrats on the results :wink:

TheGlamorous

Established Member
Reaction score
psych721027 said:
It's hard to tell but it doesn't look much different. Personally, I'm not a fan of the comb forward "Spock" look. At 17 and NW3+, that just sucks bro. If that was me at your age, I'd seriously just shave it and and be done with it, then wait for HM to come out if you want hair later on down the road.

Trust me it's way different. There was a time where i'd be wearing nanogen all day every day every week. I haven't touched the stuff since November.

I don't comb my hair foward either, it's styled back, and there's product in the second picture which should make my hair look even thinner, but it doesn't. To me it looks better.

I'm 18 now and I consider myself NW2 with thinning behind my hairline that's slowly filling in.

Don't need to shave it as it looks good, and i'm not waiting in anticipation for HM, I have better things to hope for.

hey spec
ive just turned 17 and im a N2, ive got a N1.5 hairline thought its just thin in some spots and in the sun and light it looks like a N2 and im also thinning around the "island", though not as bad as yours was in august. Your results are really good i hope i get the same kinda regrowth as you. I also admire the way you accepted hairloss and got on with life. so congrats on that

So my story is really similar to yours. Im just starting year 12 now and im receding pretty fast. My mates give me s**t, but i just laugh it off and even put s**t on myself sometimes. I'm more of the popular, good looking guy at school who captains the rugby league side and has a really good tan/body (sorry if i sound like im bragging). Ive always had good confidence but this hairloss kinda screwed that up. Its turned me into somebody im not. I have a really bad anger problem and this hairloss has made it worst. I constantly argue with my parents, losing passion for sport, and losing interest in going out. and when i do go out i ruin it by belting (fighting) somebody, even though i try not too. Like for example on the weekend at a party some guy said he uses surf wax for hair gel. I laughed and said What? are you kidding your gonna screw your hair up. he goes if my hair ended up like yours id kill myself. this set me off, and it hurt me real bad, not to mention embaressed the f**k out of me in front of all my mates. instead of shrugging it off i walked up to him face to face and layed the sweetest punch ive ever thrown on his nose. It shattered his nose and he actually had to have surgery on it. ( he told me he is going to sue me)

I felt so bad as soon as a did it and walked home (about 2 and half hour walk) to do some thinking. Then tonight i seen your post and it gave me a bit of hope, bit of inspiration to help me change and try to be the person i was just 6 months ago.

anyway ive talked waaay to much, ill let you know how i go with my results. good on ya mate congrats on the results

Hey man. That really sucks. :(. Even though my hair was really bad in August, i've actually only had one person comment on my hair (funnily enough it was in August), and he said "You're thinning". Since then i've had nothing.

I am not a strong person by any means, I only weigh 59kg, so I couldn't punch another guy hard enough to hurt. But I can relate to the anger that you are feeling.

I don't really know what else to say in this forum. Yes, I know my hair isn't perfect. I know that i'm not perfect. But I also know that there are worse things out there. Granted, if my hair goes back to the way it was in August, I probably would hurdle back into depression.

However, this is for the people who see a slight to moderate improvement, any improvement at all, use it to make you feel better. I've been over the moon these last two months. I LOVE life, and although my hair is thinner by a NW1's standards, I don't care because I know i'm getting better.

In the meantime, I suggest a vigorous workout routine. Hairloss anxiety stems from loss of self esteem, and quickly explodes into obsessive complulsive disorder (looking at yourself in mirrors for hours every day playing with your hair, while feeling depressed). So the only way to offset that is to make yourself sexier in other areas.

Get bulked up. Shave your chest if you have too. Your legs if they are too hairy. Who gives a sh*t if people will think you're a pansy. Part of being happy with yourself is not giving two flying fucks about what people think. Wear clothes that show off your body. Wear shorts and jandals, and if you're the kind of guy, wear tight tops of just polyprops if you want to go for that metro look.

Anything that takes the emphasis off your hair is a good thing. There's nothing worse then a skinny, hairy, white, balding man who dresses in jeans and a fugly t-shirt. Boring. Think outside the box, because there's a lot of stuff out there.

Anyway, Aussie_dude from what you've said you have a good body and heaps of friends. So ya know, you're ten steps ahead of a lot of other balding people. Another thing is, being a NW2--- there's nothing really wrong with that. Just do yourself a favor and try see it from a different perspective. I know it's hard. I didn't until I ruffed up the courage to get a haircut on December 02nd 2006.... from that day i've come alive.

p.s to anyone whose wondering: I did quit my job and went and did another job with family. I'm back at my old job now though, I went for my interview today... confidence up and all. Bring on customer service!

sore loser

Reaction score
Hey Spec,

You have a great attidude. Keep up this mindset, and no amount of hairloss will stop you from doing whatever you want in life.

I had a similar experience (like all of us on this forum) going through a period of adjustment coming to terms (so to speak) with the realization that I was, in fact, losing hair (fast). What made matters worse, is that I came to the realization that I was undoubtedly losing hair JUST AFTER I had moved to a new country. I am here on employment totally solo - had to make all new friends, meet girls, find my own life here - and try and learn a new language - while trying to come to grips with this. I remind myself that there are worse problems that I could be dealing with - helps me keep it in perspective. Also, I've found that confidence trumps thinning hair when it comes to the ladies.

In the end, we do what we can, cross our fingers, and get on with life. Still, the fact that I am doing something about my hairloss doesn't stop me from obsessing from time to time in the mirror, and it definately hurt my confidence with women for the first 3-4 months. I'm coming back out of it these days and, like you, getting on with things - these days I try not to give a f*** what anyone else thinks. And a new attitude helps way more than any drug, topical, or shampoo. (But I still hope that my hair does improve nonetheless)

Anyway, keep up the good life, and good luck.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the best option for us young guys, is something natural atleast part of your regime, healthy diet, lots of onions, and NISIM shampoo.

This stuff basicly halts your hair loss, did for me, i think people on this forum and others, throw all the hair loss into one pot. But i think ther two seperate and different things. One is people that have receeding hair line, and then the other is the bald people with really big patches.

I think the two should be treated differently. Anyways if your just thinning/beggining hair loss, NISIM should work great, and it stops hair loss in 4 days by stoping DHT.

I love saw palmetto, really working for me.

If you guys can comment or subscribe to my blog we could get some specific details for young guys on my blog.

also, very important to believe your hair is regrowing (positive thinking) placebo, it DOES effect hair growth.

aussie_dude

Reaction score
TheHairGrower,
yea i had a look at NISIM shampoo and conditioner. It says its makes hair healthy and that but are you sure it stops DHT and halts hairloss. It doesnt say anything about that. I actually have 3 bottles of full strength saw palmetto but i choose not to take it because i heard it gives major sheds, anyway thanks for the advice though