Special Case Help Needed, Norwood 6-7?

dr. cole

Reaction score
I can post some photos if you like showing about 23,000 grafts. The last 3000 will take some time to grow out. I don't know the cost figures off the top of my head, but It was a lot. I think he was ok about 6,000 grafts ago or at about 17,000 grafts. My patient had extensive donor area scarring and plugs. I had to graft not only his recipient area, but also his donor area scarring. It was a not only a major restoration but also a major repair case. This situation is different given that your donor and recipient areas are virgin territory.

You have to remember that an Norwood 6 to 7 will lose up to 25,000 to 30,000 follicular units. A donor area will yield no more than 10,000 follicular units and perhaps as few as 4000 follicular units. Thus, an Norwood 6-7 will need body hair and it has to grow. Sometimes only the beard grows well. Body hair grafts are often single hair grafts, while scalp grafts are often 2 to 3 hairs on average. Over time, you will need a bunch of grafts to fill in an Norwood 6-7.

I think Dr. ******** is a good choice. He worked for me a number of years while I trained him. Dr. ******** is a very hard worker. Dr. ******** is clever. He has excellent hands. He cares about his results. He is a huge step above Dr. Erodogan. It's not that Dr. Erdogan's clinic of nurses does not do good work. It's simply that you are a special case with advanced hair loss so you need a top tier surgeon and not a team of nurses like you get with Dr. Erdogan. You made a great choice with Dr. ********. I hope to hear wonderful things about your results.

Ramister

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck to you mate if you go through with this. I am heading towards a nw7 myself so I would be particularly interested in your outcome. What your trying to achieve is what I would do myself.

Do you have a date in mind for the surgery

Please keep us updated if you do ahead with the surgery. ******** is meant to be one of the best.

Cheers
Thank you mate, I'm planning to get it done anytime next year, around May-June.
Glad i'm only hearing positive reviews from Dr. ********, will sure keep you posted

Ramister

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can post some photos if you like showing about 23,000 grafts. The last 3000 will take some time to grow out. I don't know the cost figures off the top of my head, but It was a lot. I think he was ok about 6,000 grafts ago or at about 17,000 grafts. My patient had extensive donor area scarring and plugs. I had to graft not only his recipient area, but also his donor area scarring. It was a not only a major restoration but also a major repair case. This situation is different given that your donor and recipient areas are virgin territory.

You have to remember that an Norwood 6 to 7 will lose up to 25,000 to 30,000 follicular units. A donor area will yield no more than 10,000 follicular units and perhaps as few as 4000 follicular units. Thus, an Norwood 6-7 will need body hair and it has to grow. Sometimes only the beard grows well. Body hair grafts are often single hair grafts, while scalp grafts are often 2 to 3 hairs on average. Over time, you will need a bunch of grafts to fill in an Norwood 6-7.

I think Dr. ******** is a good choice. He worked for me a number of years while I trained him. Dr. ******** is a very hard worker. Dr. ******** is clever. He has excellent hands. He cares about his results. He is a huge step above Dr. Erodogan. It's not that Dr. Erdogan's clinic of nurses does not do good work. It's simply that you are a special case with advanced hair loss so you need a top tier surgeon and not a team of nurses like you get with Dr. Erdogan. You made a great choice with Dr. ********. I hope to hear wonderful things about your results.

Dr. Cole,

Thank you for taking the time to write your professional opinion on this forum, it means a lot.
I'm aware that 4,500 grafts isn't enough at all to cover my extensive loss, and not all the body grafts will grow but I've decided to go ahead with this number of grafts so it can give me a more natural look for my tricopigmentation. I think it's very important that Dr. ******** already know my future plans and thus he will distribute the grafts accordingly.

Nothing in life goes without any risk, let's see how this will come out, will keep everybody posted on here.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes please I would love to see that case. I am heading towards to Norwood 7 myself so I am interested in any of these cases I can find

Cheers