Special Case Help Needed, Norwood 6-7?

Ramister

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been doing some extensive research about getting a hair transplant but unfortunately been told by dr erdogan clinic in turkey that I am not a candidate. I've attached some photos for the experts around here, I would like to know if there is any hope for me?

Looking at ******** or dr umar in LA now, any advices?

I can't take finasteride due to sides and minoxidil gave me horrible dark circles.

Would appreciate your experience folks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 3,623
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 8,507
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 7,747
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 3,609
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 3,187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 3,579

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
well, man I hate to say it, but I would have to agree with Erdogan. You have very extensive loss. You can see in the back where the horseshoe will progress in the next few years. If you were to over harvest the f*** out of your donor, the best you would get would be a very, very whispy, thin coverage on top... like maybe 10% of what you had as a teenager. This is also what I am worried about with getting a hair transplant... those of use that are destined to the NW7, especially down the sides and back are fucked.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of existing treatmental, scalp micropigmentation or a hair system would be best. You're not a candidate for a hair transplant, that's for sure.
If it's real hair you're after then you'll have to wait for Tsuji/Riken to come through, it'll probably be a 10 year wait until that's realistically widely available

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of existing treatmental, scalp micropigmentation or a hair system would be best. You're not a candidate for a hair transplant, that's for sure.
If it's real hair you're after then you'll have to wait for Tsuji/Riken to come through, it'll probably be a 10 year wait until that's realistically widely available
And it's scary to think that many of the young guys who get aggressive transplants now will end up just like him one day.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well Wayne Rooney is a good example of what aggressive hairloss and a hair transplant at a young age without finasteride, can leave you looking... He's..., 28? And his hair is dreadful...
Callum Best will go that way too, idiot thought his hair was stable after first hair transplant and refused to try finasteride...

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well Wayne Rooney is a good example of what aggressive hairloss and a hair transplant at a young age without finasteride, can leave you looking... He's..., 28? And his hair is dreadful...
Callum Best will go that way too, idiot thought his hair was stable after first hair transplant and refused to try finasteride...
Yes, as bad as baldness is, it is nothing compared to being disfigured by a bad hair transplant. Erdogan's graft estimates are stupid and I really must question his ethics. Your Doctor De Reyes seems to take a much more conservative and safe approach. I probably will get a hair transplant at some point but I have no illusions about getting my teenage hairline back.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bad hair transplants can be buzzed down though, which is what you have to do when your hair gets bad anyway so ok that regard you might as well get a hair transplant if it'll give you your youth back for a few years. As long as you don't get FUT

Ramister

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting about 2,500 FUE, some BHT to cover a bit and then finish up by SMP, do I know what I'm talking about here? Will this work out if I choose the best surgeons out there?

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting about 2,500 FUE, some BHT to cover a bit and then finish up by SMP, do I know what I'm talking about here? Will this work out if I choose the best surgeons out there?
Yes, if you are happy with the buzzed " less is more" look. then that is certainly feasible. Make sure you're clear in your consultations that is what you want to achieve. I don't know where you live but ******** is a good choice.

Ramister

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, if you are happy with the buzzed " less is more" look. then that is certainly feasible. Make sure you're clear in your consultations that is what you want to achieve. I don't know where you live but ******** is a good choice.

Thank u so much for ur time, I live in Brazil but I'm willing to travel as I don't have many options in here.
Buzzed look would definitely satisfy me. Say 2500 fue and 1,000 BHT would do the job?

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You will need to ask the doctors how many grafts you will need. Some like Dr Cole do SMP as well as FUE. Just one thing thing to bear in mind; if you go down the BHT path there are not many doctors who seem to be able to do it reliably so do your research. If you have deep pockets then Dr Woods in Sydney, Australia is also an option. He gets criticized for his conservative approach but in terms of FUE yield I believe he is still the best.

dr. cole

Reaction score
I know that Dr. Erdogan does not have the skills to pull off a transplant like what you want. Few do. Even those that have such skills might fail, because such result requires not only skills but also luck. Remember, that Dr. Erdogan can't do the surgery at all. His nurses do the surgery because Dr. Erdogan lacks the hand skills. You need a surgeon with great skill and a lot of luck to succeed in your case. That means body hair. I just finished working on an Norwood 7 last week. I've done over 26,000 grafts on him from the scalp and body. He is so dense now that it's hard to find a place to put the grafts. Not everyone who needs body hair grafts is fortunate to have a good yield from their body hair. Furthermore, there are very few physicians with the hand and eye coordination to succeed in such demanding cases. I don't know of any nurses, who can accomplish such results.
The only way you are going to succeed is to have a ton of luck and an excellent physician. I would tend to agree that you may well be better off seeking a less is more grafting approach with a short hair style and some SMP mixed in to make you look full.
Hey, I'm looking for some Norwood 6-7 patients to do a hair graft survival study. You are a perfect candidate for this, and we could test some other sources of hair at the same time. I'm studying the survival rate of grafts placed along with the injection of sonicated PRP. So far the growth at 3 1/2 months is 80%. That's off the chart high, but I need more Norwood 6 and 7 patients to study.

Dr. Cole

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that Dr. Erdogan does not have the skills to pull off a transplant like what you want. Few do. Even those that have such skills might fail, because such result requires not only skills but also luck. Remember, that Dr. Erdogan can't do the surgery at all. His nurses do the surgery because Dr. Erdogan lacks the hand skills. You need a surgeon with great skill and a lot of luck to succeed in your case. That means body hair. I just finished working on an Norwood 7 last week. I've done over 26,000 grafts on him from the scalp and body. He is so dense now that it's hard to find a place to put the grafts. Not everyone who needs body hair grafts is fortunate to have a good yield from their body hair. Furthermore, there are very few physicians with the hand and eye coordination to succeed in such demanding cases. I don't know of any nurses, who can accomplish such results.
The only way you are going to succeed is to have a ton of luck and an excellent physician. I would tend to agree that you may well be better off seeking a less is more grafting approach with a short hair style and some SMP mixed in to make you look full.
Hey, I'm looking for some Norwood 6-7 patients to do a hair graft survival study. You are a perfect candidate for this, and we could test some other sources of hair at the same time. I'm studying the survival rate of grafts placed along with the injection of sonicated PRP. So far the growth at 3 1/2 months is 80%. That's off the chart high, but I need more Norwood 6 and 7 patients to study.

Dr. Cole

Do you have a link to the this Norwood 7 you operated on?

How much did the 26000 grafts costs?

Cheers.

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Consult with Jose Lorenzo, see what he says. You should also try Trichopigmentation. It's temporary so if you don't like it, it will come off eventually.

Ramister

My Regimen
Reaction score
So folks, I think I'm gonna go with Dr. ******** in belgium, I've been exchanging emails with the doctor himself and his clinic and I gotta admit, they're more than perfect, they answered all my questions and doubts, they are really nice and professional.

So I was very realistic in my goals, I said that I want to achieve what is good enough to have a tricopigmentation with the 3d feel/look, not interested and not a candidate to have the Elvis Presley hair back....

The doctor thinks I would need 4,500 grafts to do that, taking a maximum of 1,500 from the scalp and the rest from the beard and chest.

Please fire any opinions/comments that you might have, would appreciate it.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
So folks, I think I'm gonna go with Dr. ******** in belgium, I've been exchanging emails with the doctor himself and his clinic and I gotta admit, they're more than perfect, they answered all my questions and doubts, they are really nice and professional.

So I was very realistic in my goals, I said that I want to achieve what is good enough to have a tricopigmentation with the 3d feel/look, not interested and not a candidate to have the Elvis Presley hair back....

The doctor thinks I would need 4,500 grafts to do that, taking a maximum of 1,500 from the scalp and the rest from the beard and chest.

Please fire any opinions/comments that you might have, would appreciate it.

Good luck to you mate if you go through with this. I am heading towards a nw7 myself so I would be particularly interested in your outcome. What your trying to achieve is what I would do myself.

Do you have a date in mind for the surgery

Please keep us updated if you do ahead with the surgery. ******** is meant to be one of the best.

Cheers