Spanish PRP efficacy assessment

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I absconded this study summary from our neighbors next door.
Who needs booze anymore? The neurotic wave of conflicting buzz chatter flowing in
is more than enough to keep the average teetotaler's heads spinning. Apologies if this find was already found.
[h=2]Randomized Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind, Half-Head Study to Assess the Efficacy of Platelet-Rich Plasma on the Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia[/h][h=3]Alves, Rubina MD; Grimalt, Ramon MD, PhD
[/h]

[h=4]Abstract[/h]

BACKGROUND: Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) was identified as having a beneficial effect in alopecia and has been postulated as a new therapy for androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia).
OBJECTIVE: To assess the efficacy of PRP for the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia.
MATERIALS AND METHODS: This was a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study in 25 patients with Androgenetic Alopecia. Platelet-rich plasma was injected in half-head and the other half-head with placebo. Each patient received a total of 3 treatments of PRP, 1 month apart.
RESULTS: Six months after the first treatment with PRP, significant differences were seen in mean anagen hairs (67.6 ± 13.1), telogen hairs (32.4 ± 13.1), hair density (179.9 ± 62.7), and terminal hair density (165.8 ± 56.8) when compared with baseline (p < .05). Platelet-rich plasma was also found to increase hair density when comparing with the control side (p < .05). For the first time, the authors found a correlation between anagen hairs and patients >40 years and beginning of Androgenetic Alopecia ≥25 years old (p < .05) and hair density and male sex, age ≤40 years, positive family history of Androgenetic Alopecia and >10 years of duration of the disease (p < 0.05).
CONCLUSION: Application of PRP showed a positive effect on Androgenetic Alopecia and could be regarded as an adjuvant therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for this, man.
I did PRP some years ago.
the injections are painful. I did not want to go through it again without a scientific study backing up the procedure.
i am inclined to do it again.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
dr told me best results are 1 treatment a month for 3 months then around 10 months get another. Greco is the only one that I know of that practices this. Once every 6 months for 18 months.

I might do this at a lower level. I can't justify the cost of higher prp.