spacemanspiff's Story

spacemanspiff

Reaction score
hey guys... great forum youve got here

i am 22.... just graduated college,
for the past 2-2.5 years (ever since sophmore year of college) i have noticed a steady thinning of hair in the front quarter of my head.... now it is starting to get very noticeable at times, eventhough i have (or had) a extremely thick head of hair...

the front hairline of my head is thinning out alot and you can start to see down the scalp in some places...
(i will take some pictures soon and post)

what do you guys think i should do? i am thinking of going to the dermatolgist and trying to start up propecia (or try to get proscar)

i am going to go pickup some nizoral 1% today and have t gel already (what should my schedule be of alternating between those two?)

as far as i can tell, the back of my head hasnt started losing hair just yet... do you guys think i should start using monoxidil 5% on the front of my scalp? (or the reports of it working better on the back correct?)

any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated!

thanks

Petchsky

Reaction score
The best thing is that you have caught it before it progressed past the mild to moderate thining. Its a good call adding the Nizoral but firstly i would suggest looking through the whole of this website, the more you know the better equipped you will be. I can remember one of my old school teachers once saying " Prior planning and preperation prevents piss poor performance" and that applies in Hairloss too

Okay pep speech finished, I would add proscar first and foremost, chances are its DHT which is causing most of the damage to your hair. You could start of on that first then build your regime from there, best not to dive in using loads of products stright away.

Hope this helps and more advice should be on the way.

spacemanspiff

Reaction score
thanks! ive read pretty much the whole of the website

btw, my dad is about as bald as can be :eek: but hes 50

G

This story isn't all that sad. It was maybe, at best, semi-sad. Get on the propecia.

spacemanspiff

Reaction score
its sad to me,i like my hair

also:
i am going to the dermatologist soon, is there a good way to get him to prescribe proscar instead of propeica?
do any of you guys use your insurance to cover the proscar eventhough you dont have enlarged prostates.... do they ever ask questions?

that would be sick if i got it free!

Petchsky

Reaction score
Its not generally covered on insurance, but i came across someone once on a forum who said he had it covered.

You can also buy proscar off the internet without a prescription, so if you have any problems with the dermatologist its no real problem. From then on pop that little f****r and prepare for the ride.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Yeah its slow but it does have highs and lows. Not fun though!

spacemanspiff

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Its not generally covered on insurance, but i came across someone once on a forum who said he had it covered.

You can also buy proscar off the internet without a prescription, so if you have any problems with the dermatologist its no real problem. From then on pop that little f****r and prepare for the ride.

what i mean is.... just tellin your insurance u need it for something else (prostate)

G

Go see a Dr before you take any medication. For all you know you could be allergic to finasteride.

Please!

Petchsky

Reaction score
Spacemanspiff says
what i mean is.... just tellin your insurance u need it for something else (prostate)

You can do if you want but prostate problems are normally suffered by older men... at 22 they may not believe you are and ask for proof.

spacemanspiff

Reaction score
ok i went to the Doctor, he gave me proscar without even a glance really at my hair... just asked me if i was seeing my skin more than usual and stuff.....

how do you cut these into 4/5 peices? the tablets are soooo small!

please help!

Petchsky

Reaction score
You can buy pill cutters off the internet, some internet sites that sell proscar include one with your first order. There really cheap. 8)

spacemanspiff

Reaction score
i got a pill cutter, the best i could do was cut it into 4, any advice on how to get it into 5, what a pain!

Petchsky

Reaction score
Not sure on that one. I just cut it into 4 to make 1.25mg instead.