Soy bean oil, really this good?

lukey

Reaction score
As quoted from another person and the information they had gathered:

'Supposeldy it is better than emu oil. I found mine on ebay. A 16oz. bottle for $1.50! This should last me for over a year using it every other night. Actually after shipping it was like $6 or $7, but still a deal. Anyway, it does seem to last longer at keeping my inflamation down than emu oil. From what I have heard it should be beneficial for hair loss. Soy has several fatty acids which stop inflamation and could even block DHT. It has beta sitosterol which supposedly blocks DHT. Even phytoestogens which are supposed to interfere with androgen receptors. So, there is some science behind it. Hopefully it works. '

Does it really do all these things?
Anybody had success that they would attribute to it?

Thanks

jeffsss

Reaction score
lukey said:
As quoted from another person and the information they had gathered:

'Supposeldy it is better than emu oil. I found mine on ebay. A 16oz. bottle for $1.50! This should last me for over a year using it every other night. Actually after shipping it was like $6 or $7, but still a deal. Anyway, it does seem to last longer at keeping my inflamation down than emu oil. From what I have heard it should be beneficial for hair loss. Soy has several fatty acids which stop inflamation and could even block DHT. It has beta sitosterol which supposedly blocks DHT. Even phytoestogens which are supposed to interfere with androgen receptors. So, there is some science behind it. Hopefully it works. '

Does it really do all these things?
Anybody had success that they would attribute to it?

Thanks

dunno, but i'll subscribe to this thread.. try it out to see how you like it.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Virgin cold pressed olive oil is another good skin treatment, which didn't help Julius Caesar to grow his hair back, but Romans had nice shiny skin after a bath/body shave. Soy has some theoretically good qualities, which won't do you any harm, though one grower is burning down the Amazon rain forest to grow it. Can you get virgin soy oil? My herbalist is trying to get nettle oil for me. Virgin nettles only please.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Boru said:
Virgin cold pressed olive oil is another good skin treatment, which didn't help Julius Caesar to grow his hair back, but Romans had nice shiny skin after a bath/body shave.

Seconded.

CCS

Reaction score
in a 26 week study with no control, emu oil regrew 20% more hair than corn oil. They said the corn oil was the control. This can be explained by people natureally growing more hair in the spring. The study did not state what time of year it was done. I think it was a scam. I think all these oils have little effect. Saw palmetto has a small effect, but I think it is because it has more free fatty acids in it than other oils. Revivogen actually has the right free fatty acids, stripped from their glycerol in much higher concentrations than saw palmetto.

JustAddHair

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
in a 26 week study with no control, emu oil regrew 20% more hair than corn oil. They said the corn oil was the control. This can be explained by people natureally growing more hair in the spring. The study did not state what time of year it was done. I think it was a scam. I think all these oils have little effect. Saw palmetto has a small effect, but I think it is because it has more free fatty acids in it than other oils. Revivogen actually has the right free fatty acids, stripped from their glycerol in much higher concentrations than saw palmetto.

CCS, been following your fatty acid quest. one burning question though, why is revivogen not as popular as other dht blockers?

Is there a dependancy issue like hair falling out after stopping (assuming finasteride is your main dht blocker and is already controlling male pattern baldness) ?

CCS

Reaction score
your hairs are dependent on 5ar blockers even before you take finasteride. That is why they are falling out. finasteride stops that.

as for revivogen, it is not as strong as finasteride. it is good for extra strength, or for people who can't take finasteride.

I used to look at the propecia graph and think all the hair was lost in a year. But for all I know, it fell out in the first month and followed the placebo group after that. so propecia might be like minoxidil in that way.

as long as you can go a week or two without meds incase you run out or go camping, I'd say it is a true treatment. If your hair goes into a huge shed in less time than that after getting off the drugs, I'd classify them like topik.