Sound Familiar?

Pizo

Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I have read the entire FAQ page and many of the posts but remain pretty clueless about what to do next. It's a lot of stuff to digest...a lot! It seems like there are several very informed people here, so I'm hoping you will help me out. To be honest, folks here seem to know a helluva lot more than my doctor. Any suggestions on how to stop/slow my hair loss would be greatly appreciated, sorry if this gets a little long...

I'm 24 and over the past year have begun to notice more hair in the sink, in the shower, on the pillow, etc. At first I figured no big deal, but I've finally resigned myself to the fact that unless I do something this will likely continue. Lately I can't run my hand through my hair without some falling out (maybe 3 each time). It's not too bad right now, but I'm worried it will be. Most of the thinning is in the front 1/3, and it's fairly evenly spread - I haven't noticed much, if any, loss on the sides, crown, or back of my head. I have mild dandruff which quickly worsens if I don't regularly use T-Sal shampoo (which seem to be the only thing that helps this particular problem.) My grandfather on my mom's side died at 68 with mild balding considering his age, and my dad (49) is receeding in the front, but has the majority of his hair left. These are the only family members I know of that have lost a noticeable amount of hair. I do have a very mild case of psoriasis, which runs in my family on my dad's side. I regularly chew tobacco, drink 3-4 cups of coffee per week, drink alcohol maybe once every 2 weeks, and smoke marijuanna about once a month on average. Like everyone, my job is stressful at times. None of these "lifestyle choices" seem to have a noticable effect on the hair loss.

Like many of you I'm hesitant to begin a regimen of drugs to deal with the hair loss, but I guess I'm willing to try something if it might help. If this story sounds familiar or you think you might be able to help me out I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
To be honest, folks here seem to know a helluva lot more than my doctor.
this is much more common on this board then you would believe.

the common consensus on this forum is that for hairloss like yours, you should get on propecia. This will help keep the hair that you have with a slight chance for regrowth. If this is not satisfactory, you can add minoxidil later on which will also help keep the hair you have and stimulate new growth. Add nizoral shampoo to your regimen and use once per 3 days, 5 minutes per session.

This is the best we have right now. There are other treatments available but there is a reason these are called the 'big 3.' You may be interested in folligen if your scalp is still not in good condition after treating it with nizoral.

Pizo

Reaction score
Thank you. I feel a lot better now that someone with experience has chimed in. I think I'll take your advice, with the exception that I'll divide Proscar in order to save money - unless there are reasons I shouldn't? Ok, one more question and I'll quit bugging you guys...

It seems like many of you use http://www.generics-online-pharmacy.com to purchase Propecia/Proscar. Although I'm a tad skeptical of buying these products online I don't really have much choice. The site provides links for us skeptical folks to research the drug manufacturers. The exact claim, found in the product FAQ, is as follows:

Renowned companies adhering to international quality standards having an expertise in exporting their products manufacture all products we supply. The brands we supply are registered in a number of countries. You can find references to the manufacturers in the Links section.

But when I click on the MSD link (manufacturer of Propecia/Proscar) I arrive at the webpage of an engineering firm. Try it for yourself http://www.generics-online-pharmacy.com/links.htm

Obviously, this makes me REALLY skeptical. Am I missing something here? Has anyone using this site experienced problems?

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol I ended up right where I was supposed to be.

Pizo

Reaction score
The guy from their site that answered my email said they would change it.

Regardless - does anyone have an opinion of this site?

nikeaddict

Established Member
Reaction score
i would strongly recomend getting a perscription and getting it yourself at the pharmacy. its much cheaper and my derm gave me so many free samples. good luck

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
ok

Pizo said:
Thank you. I feel a lot better now that someone with experience has chimed in. I think I'll take your advice, with the exception that I'll divide Proscar in order to save money - unless there are reasons I shouldn't? Ok, one more question and I'll quit bugging you guys...

It seems like many of you use http://www.generics-online-pharmacy.com to purchase Propecia/Proscar. Although I'm a tad skeptical of buying these products online I don't really have much choice. The site provides links for us skeptical folks to research the drug manufacturers. The exact claim, found in the product FAQ, is as follows:

I'm using there products for the last 3 months, I can't claim to haveturned into a massive fur ball yet, but I know by the side effects that it's finasteride(easier piddling and slowing down of hairloss). I also had slight sexual side effects for about two weeks which have resolved themselves, so to keep it short yes I've had no problem with them