" Sorry, I'm Not Into Bald Guys. You Should Try Approaching A Bald Woman."

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't expect you to change your mind.

Well this is important, just in the same way that male forum members can say something to get themselves in trouble with others, so can females, it's just that in the examples we're talking about, such as Parisienne, I didn't really see what she did wrong, but I don't see everything.

That's a different story. I think we agree that it shouldn't be a staple of the forum to treat anyone like sh*t based on something that is pre-determined, so I apologise if I got what you were saying incorrectly.
Everyone has a right to disagree with and rebut others. If one makes a statement, he/she needs to be prepared for that. SV accused Parisienne of something she never said, but that's in the past. I don't think she and Fred ever argued terribly, but I do remember back-and-forth about her education and traveling to dangerous places. No apology needed. Sometimes it's best to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But I'm not even sure we disagree now! I thought you were saying women can expect to have a tough time on here because it's a male forum, now I'm not sure that's your point.

Here's the thread I made about misogyny on here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/this-place-is-pretty-sexist-right.96373/

It's actually pretty amazing nobody called me a white knight cuck, a testament to you all. That's the first thing I expected.

I will say however, the points I was making there look like strawman arguments now, but at the time this place was rife with women hating. And I don't know about hating female forum members, but it was ridiculous, I don't make many threads and wouldn't have made that thread otherwise.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
but at the time this place was rife with women hating.

No. I've been here a long time, I can't recall a time when this place was rife with women hating.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But I'm not even sure we disagree now! I thought you were saying women can expect to have a tough time on here because it's a male forum, now I'm not sure that's your point.

Here's the thread I made about misogyny on here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/this-place-is-pretty-sexist-right.96373/

It's actually pretty amazing nobody called me a white knight cuck, a testament to you all. That's the first thing I expected.

I will say however, the points I was making there look like strawman arguments now, but at the time this place was rife with women hating. And I don't know about hating female forum members, but it was ridiculous, I don't make many threads and wouldn't have made that thread otherwise.
Sorry for the ambiguity. I meant that sometimes it's best just to agree to disagree in general on these forums when arguing about opinions with no factual bases.

I do remember that thread, h.l. I'm not going to comment, since I've been out of the dating world for a long, long time and am not qualified to do so. Attraction changes as you age. The one thing, though, that would still be a deal breaker for me is obesity.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Another important point here, there are less than ten regulars here, we can't really afford to lose nearly half of them.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
b**ch please. There weren't a few. There was only sadvegeta. In that infamous thread. Only EL has had official complaints against her. No other women have been given regular grief.
All you white knights and SJWs. You'll lie and wildly exaggerate and try to get away with it. Cut it out.

you're kinda a dick for no reason, you know that? Once again, did I not immediately correct myself?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you're kinda a dick for no reason, you know that? Once again, did I not immediately correct myself?

and yes, I remember defending parisienne from quite a few posters, no I don't remember their names. WHY did I do it? No, I was not attempting to get in the pants of a woman that lives in f*****g PARIS. No, I was not WHITE KNIGHTING, ya dick. I am up to my neck in women here that I don't even really want because I am insecure about my hair loss. I defended her because she went out of her way to help me with my scalp inflammation issues over PM. There is your answer, ya dick.

blackg

Reaction score
and yes, I remember defending parisienne from quite a few posters, no I don't remember their names. WHY did I do it? No, I was not attempting to get in the pants of a woman that lives in f*****g PARIS. No, I was not WHITE KNIGHTING, ya dick. I am up to my neck in women here that I don't even really want because I am insecure about my hair loss. I defended her because she went out of her way to help me with my scalp inflammation issues over PM. There is your answer, ya dick.
I like you, buckthorn, and to me it's sounds like Captain is trying too hard to sound tough.
It's funny, actually.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like you, buckthorn, and to me it's sounds like Captain is trying too hard to sound tough.
It's funny, actually.

hahaha... well, thanks brother! you've always been a supportive helpful poster and we all appreciate it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
People don't even know what misogyny means anymore. They use it to describe anything that isn't feminist. Men and women are equal, hair loss. Get used to it. It means men are gonna great them just like they treat other men. There's nothing misogynistic about that.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a thread about women hating on bald men.

Not the other way around.

So if we point out that women hate baldness, that makes us "women haters"?

Come on! The last posts in this thread reek of white-knightery and SJWry.

the last posts on this thread are me saying I appreciate Parisienne because she helped me with information regarding scalp inflammation. Just like I appreciate Swoop for doing the same, Hellouser and Dench as well. I want to f*ck Parisienne about as bad as I want to f*ck the other three. My point was just because I defend a girl from unnecessary crap, it doesn't make me sh*t. End of story.

and what the hell is "sjwyry" ??? another tinder expression? you all sound like you learned about women through a pocket guide or something.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
White knighting is the term used here to punish people. God forbid we are kind to someone, or befriend new members..

I agree. Just because someone defends someone (who happens to be female), they are white-knighting. When did this become a bad thing? Showing compassion and kindness is not a bad thing in my opinion. So why are people attacked for it?

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me just add that our sisters who are suffering from baldness probably have to deal with the same sh*t we do.

Does anybody think that full head females aren't going to throw them under the bus for a guy?
Doubt it. No. It's probably the same things we have to deal with of other full head males competing for a girl.
I was in the company of a family member last week, where she made her usual, predictable comments:

She: How's your hair doing?
Me: Still shedding a lot (pulled back thin, long bangs to expose receded temples).
She: My hair is soo thick that I have to have it thinned out every few weeks. And when I comb it, I don't lose a single hair.
Me: Means nothing. Women thin with very little shedding too.
She: Silence.

I have always preferred the company of men. My best friend in high school was a guy, and my closest friend now is a guy. I'm not cutting on all women (I do have a few in my life whom I love), but in general, men just seem to be kinder.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is really true, and I need to adopt your tactic in ignoring him. The problem is that he does make every thread into the Fred show, only idiots actually give a sh*t about his life but he seems to think everyone needs to know about his pointless ramblings.

Like I said before, he must not have anyone in his life to worry about catching him on here. Like most people I am at least concerned about revealing everything about me, because I know there's a possibility I'll leave my browser or phone on HairLossTalk.com and anyone could find me on there, and see that I spend a lot of time discussing hair loss and arguing with nutcases like Fred.

He doesn't have people to worry about, so he gets the attention he needs in life from us, and I of all people need to stop giving it. You've made a wise choice.

Yes, it's only common sense to keep in check how much information you reveal on the internet (for various reasons) and I'm immediately suspicious of anyone on the internet who suddenly wants to know personal information about me.
As for "he who shall not be named", maybe if enough people ignore him he'll go away. I doubt it though lol.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I was in the company of a family member last week, where she made her usual, predictable comments:

Me: Still shedding a lot (pulled back thin, long bangs to expose receded temples).
She: My hair is soo thick that I have to have it thinned out every few weeks. And when I comb it, I don't lose a single hair.

I have always preferred the company of men. My best friend in high school was a guy, and my closest friend now is a guy. I'm not cutting on all women (I do have a few in my life whom I love), but in general, men just seem to be kinder.

How completely disrespectful of her to talk about her thick hair in front of you when she knows (I'm assuming) you are suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia. But not surprising. My friends whined about their failed haircuts in front of me as well, while they knew I was suffering from hair loss.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score

In my observation women who treat other women like that are just jealous or threatened by you. Men can be bitchy and snidy with each other too. We have this competitive alpha male thing, especially when it comes to competing for girls.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it's only common sense to keep in check how much information you reveal on the internet (for various reasons) and I'm immediately suspicious of anyone on the internet who suddenly wants to know personal information about me.
As for "he who shall not be named", maybe if enough people ignore him he'll go away. I doubt it though lol.

I think he simply wants to know what it's like to have an actual life.

But yes, to have not one ounce of concern of ever being caught on here, that speaks volumes. That must mean you have absolutely nobody who would care to catch you.