sorry for yet another JeffsSS rant...

jeffsss

Reaction score
but damn man..
I'm at the 5 month mark on propecia and it hasnt helped at ALL..
my hair is thinner than ever.. today was the worst day in a long time for losing hair.
sitting here on the computer I scrached my head and lost about 10 hairs.. shower?? damn, i don't even count anymore... but there were at least 50 hairs lost..

i blow dry my hair and ever so gently apply styling putty.. and look at my hands.. about 20 more.. :(

my days of youthfull looks are over.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Dude - you need to program yourself to know there will be hair lost daily. You act like you're surprised each day when you see it - as if you're suffering from total memory loss and it's a new discovery that you're losing hair. Shedding is 100%, absolutely, undeniably, without a doubt, indefensibly a NECESSARY component of the treatment process - drive that into your head once and for all. If you didn't shed at one point or another, I'd be concerned...because that would mean the medicine is haveing ZERO effect and you'd REALLY be up sh*t creek. Five months ain't jack sh*t! Neither is 6, 7, 8, or 9! Maybe more!

So, hammer home that tomorrow you will shed more hair. The next day, you'll shed even more. Hell, you may shed for another few months. Anticipate and be prepared for it. Oh, and stop counting the damn hairs. It's silly and serves absolutely no purpose but to frustrate you - because you see it for what it's not.

You WILL likely have success, but you have to stop measuring your progress daily. Stop looking at it. Stop counting. It's like watching water boil. Make the next check point a month from now.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Yeah, jeffsss,
I can relate. I'm starting to give up here. I'm about to say f*** you to my treatments, or do something else. I have no f*****g clue anymore

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Yeah, jeffsss,
I can relate. I'm starting to give up here. I'm about to say f*** you to my treatments, or do something else. I have no f****ing clue anymore

It works, eventually, to some extent, you guys are using the right ingredients, perhaps missing something extra. Oxygen may be the key.
Boru

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Ummm...you switched up your DHT inhibitor in December. The clock starts again. That's a month. Saw Palmetto, MSM, L-Arginine, etc....none of that garbage counts.

Buck up and stick with it. You've not even begun. If you get to 12-18 months without improvement (doubtful), then feel free to adopt your attitude below.

Keep in mind I do not condone the non-prescribed use of anything.

Aplunk1 said:
Yeah, jeffsss,
I can relate. I'm starting to give up here. I'm about to say f*** you to my treatments, or do something else. I have no f****ing clue anymore

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Yeah, I know, but hairloss compounding all my other problems is another issue. I won't get into details... I wonder if I should get loaded on a bunch of anti-anxiety meds.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
I wouldn't "get loaded" on anything. I do like your regimen of Coors, though.

If you are feeling helpless, it's time to see a doctor. He or she can then decide the proper route to help your psychological state - be it pharmaceutical or otherwise. There's no shame in going in to talk about it.

Aplunk1 said:
Yeah, I know, but hairloss compounding all my other problems is another issue. I won't get into details... I wonder if I should get loaded on a bunch of anti-anxiety meds.

powersam

Reaction score
what do you mean by switched up his dht inhibitor?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I was taking Propecia for about 10 months... I don't think that I quite responded well to it... plus there were some nasty sides...

As a result, I "switched up," or chose to pursue a greater DHT inhibitor, and chose Avodart...

So far, no side effects, and little regrowth along the hairlines, and a lot of regrowth around the temples... My hairline has closed in--

but all I really want is for the top to thicken up, especially the crown.

Time will tell