Sorry Baldmen,nature Wants You Out Of Competition For Women!

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/29602452/
Male pattern hair loss: Taking one for the team: The selfless gene. Uzoigwe CE, et al. Med Hypotheses. 2018. Show full citation Abstract
Male pattern hair loss (MPHL) is exceedingly common. It is characterised by onset in early adulthood and progression with age. It has a strong heritable component. The reason for its existence remains unexplained. Given that MPHL is progressive and has its earliest manifestations in young adults it may be a barometer of age. Here we suggest that MPHL may have atavistically allowed women in our species and ancestor species to select younger (but not necessarily the youngest) adult mates. Evidence suggests that conceptions by younger fathers are more likely to lead to live births and less likely to result in miscarriage. Further children fathered by younger men may have improved health and be less likely to suffer from a number of co-morbidities. This is collectively known as the "paternal age affect". Hence the selection of younger males mediated by the MPHL may improve the fitness of the population and of the species at the expense of the individual. Indeed MPHL may have been an evolutionary "nudge" directing women to favour younger partners. It is conceivable that for a species whose success is predicated upon co-operation, collaboration and altruism the gene cannot be exclusively selfish and must have a selfless allele. Copyright © 2018 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved. PMID 29602452 [Indexed for MEDLINE]

anders

Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/29602452/
Male pattern hair loss: Taking one for the team: The selfless gene. Uzoigwe CE, et al. Med Hypotheses. 2018. Show full citation Abstract
Male pattern hair loss (MPHL) is exceedingly common. It is characterised by onset in early adulthood and progression with age. It has a strong heritable component. The reason for its existence remains unexplained. Given that MPHL is progressive and has its earliest manifestations in young adults it may be a barometer of age. Here we suggest that MPHL may have atavistically allowed women in our species and ancestor species to select younger (but not necessarily the youngest) adult mates. Evidence suggests that conceptions by younger fathers are more likely to lead to live births and less likely to result in miscarriage. Further children fathered by younger men may have improved health and be less likely to suffer from a number of co-morbidities. This is collectively known as the "paternal age affect". Hence the selection of younger males mediated by the MPHL may improve the fitness of the population and of the species at the expense of the individual. Indeed MPHL may have been an evolutionary "nudge" directing women to favour younger partners. It is conceivable that for a species whose success is predicated upon co-operation, collaboration and altruism the gene cannot be exclusively selfish and must have a selfless allele. Copyright © 2018 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved. PMID 29602452 [Indexed for MEDLINE]

@Admin could you remove this thread?

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
Medical Hypothesis journal. Quick research of paternal age affect shows that any genetic risk associated with paternal age is negligible. That being true, there can hardly be a connection tying female mating behavior given an inability of those females to realize a difference in mating success. The hypothesis also doesn't address the fact that there are males that will have visible hair loss before their mid twenties.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
What in the world inspired you to see this article and consciously post it in a completely irrelevant topic about cures? Like what's wrong with your brain?

There is nothing scientific about conjecture either, this is some person's opinion. It literally has no value anywhere.
Yes! Exactly. Some people man...

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could also flip it and say male pattern baldness shows females that the Male has potent hormones and is sexually mature and probably more responsible.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats Mandar, in my mind, i now believe you were dropped from an even greater height on your head than i originally thought.

Last edited:

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ya hot chicks just don't go for bald men.
fter-dating-for-1-year-emma-heming-husband-bruce-willis-married-since-2009-without-divorce-rumor.jpg

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
She went for money not looks. Bruce Willis is very rare exception. Almost All baldmen looks ugly to women that why this forum I'd flooding with young men's

Mmmhh..I am certain there are other factors at play as well.
Am pretty sure that in a cocktail bar you would not score if Rocco Sifredi is your competitor..regardless how much hair you have!!
Its always the combo that matters..and the preferred combo changes obviously with age.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Am pretty sure that in a cocktail bar you would not score if Rocco Sifredi is your competitor..regardless how much hair you have!!
Its always the combo that matters..and the preferred combo changes obviously with age.
No one would even thinks to compit if he had hairs

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Rocco Siffredi is balding as well. it would not surprise me if he had a little hair transplant to fix his hairline a tiny bit when you look at this older pic. .
That said I would add this to the debate:
https://www.livescience.com/28812-women-prefer-smell-of-manly-guys.html

hj.jpg

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If this is true the gene for male pattern baldness would be weeded out over time, as men without it would have longer years to mate.

I'm not saying it not true, I have no doubt going bald puts a damper on your sex life, I'm just saying the gene would act like its own exterminator.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
If this is true the gene for male pattern baldness would be weeded out over time, as men without it would have longer years to mate.

I'm not saying it not true, I have no doubt going bald puts a damper on your sex life, I'm just saying the gene would act like its own exterminator.
Yes it would act like its own killer. Backs then men would marry very young now the age is much more advanced like mid thirties ,so yes that gene would have to slowly terminate itself.