sometimes i feel life would be better without me

shaf

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone feels like this but i don't feel like there is anything worth living for anymore. I'm not saying i'm going to commit suicide so don't freak out. My life has just been ravished by hair loss. I mean i'm only 24 and i feel like a old man. I'm a nw5 or nw6 at 24! talk about bad luck
I took propecia for a while but it fucked me up with permanent side effects. I keep getting fatigued, tired and no libido/sex drive. I wouldn't mind being bald but I have a huge head. I wear a size 7 3/4 hat talk about huge. I can't go around with my bald head so i wear hats everywhere. people used to crack jokes about my head or always say i had a big head. It destroyed me inside. I am just so depressed as i'm so young and i feel like my youth is disappearing.
I can't go around without a hat because people would make fun or stare at my large head. i'm still in school and that isn't going to well with the fatigue from propecia. I quit propecia btw. I don't know what the point of life is anymore.
I mean i'm not very attractive and my hair was one of my best features. I don't have a job or don't feel like working because of being bald. I just can't face people being bald. I think they would give me a weird look or be turned off. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm so lost and confused.

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
In my country we have a saying that goes more or less like this: 'what has no remedy is remedied' (it sounds better in portuguese).

There's no remedy for male pattern baldness and there's not much you can do about it, so I guess you'll just have to accept that. Try to focus on other ways to improve your looks, there's always room for improvement. And do some research, too: medical science has improved tremendously and I'm 100% sure that a cure is near.

And another thing: don't do anything you might regret later. I'm totally against wigs, most of the time they're simply not good enough. There's nothing wrong with male pattern baldness but a bad wig is something you can and should avoid.

Yes, you have every right to feel bad about you current situation - we all know how you feel - but do try to keep a positive attitude and, like Churchill said, 'never give up, never surrender'.

Reaction score
Life in general would not be better without me to my close ones. But it would be better FOR me, because I wouldn't be suffering anymore.

There's nothing wrong with male pattern baldness but a bad wig is something you can and should avoid.
images

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
keep your head up man

theres other young hair loss sufferers out there, you are on an entire forum devoted to them

get on treatments if you can

save money for future transplants, future possible treatments, etc.

i get EXTREMELY miserable about hair loss too, but i'd never give up on life, altho i've thought about it

Reaction score
I have other reasons to be unsatisfied, too. To be honest I was having depression-like state before hair loss set in. Now it just got a lot worse. I'm unable to enjoy the happiness from life anymore, I only see the negative. A few summer days I can enjoy, gazing out of the window onto the green forests, sunny sky and so on...but those are just a few seconds. Quickly I realize I don't look good (I have BDD), that my hair situation is getting worse, etc...on top of it all, I have begun seeing only the negative in other people. I'm focusing on their looks too much. I can't love my partner, because I can only see the negative traits in her looks, despite her having an angelic personality.

I'm happy that I can't love life, can't love my girl, can't love myself.

A few years ago I was about 60% that I will end my life in suicide. Now this number has risen. Under all the superficial shell there is a major depression due to BDD and some psychological problems. Life is hell, but I will really hurt my girl if go. For parents I don't care, they cursed me with these ugly genes.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
Rotting Inside said:
I have other reasons to be unsatisfied, too. To be honest I was having depression-like state before hair loss set in. Now it just got a lot worse. I'm unable to enjoy the happiness from life anymore, I only see the negative. A few summer days I can enjoy, gazing out of the window onto the green forests, sunny sky and so on...but those are just a few seconds. Quickly I realize I don't look good (I have BDD), that my hair situation is getting worse, etc...on top of it all, I have begun seeing only the negative in other people. I'm focusing on their looks too much. I can't love my partner, because I can only see the negative traits in her looks, despite her having an angelic personality.

A few years ago I was about 60% that I will end my life in suicide. Now this number has risen. Under all the superficial shell there is a major depression due to BDD and some psychological problems. Life is hell, but I will really hurt my girl if go. For parents I don't care, they cursed me with these ugly genes.
other than the gf (im 19 and have never intimately talked to a girl) we are pretty much the same

i had low self esteem for a long time and during junior year of high school it was finally starting to increase . . . . . senior year rolls around and a few months in my hair starts diffusing a lot . . . . .

goodbye self esteem, goodbye happiness, goodbye life. :sobbing: :sobbing:

like i said to op, dont commit suicide.

its not worth it, stay strong

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Rotting Inside said:

At least you have a girlfriend so it proves she is more into YOU than your looks. I know how you feel. I have BDD too and all I do is try to find flaws in people so I feel better about myself. However, if I see a person with perfection in my perspective( pretty much every male fitness model) I feel nothing but envy and get sick to my stomach and my self esteem goes down the toilet. Envy is something that I have a hard time controlling and it can really put you into a state of depression. However, I am able to pull myself out of it because I know that everyone has problems or hang ups no matter how good looking they are. When I date women and see they have flaws, I tend to focus on it and it bothers me just as much as my own flaws do. I have a hunger for perfection and I can't control it. Its a distorted perspective and I have distorted limiting beliefs which lead me to a state of isolation and envy. I have learned to control it now and hopefully you can too. I know I will never be cured of this "curse" but I can function at a normal level where no one knows there is anything wrong.

My advice to you is find something you can do to help someone else improve themselves someway. Its a good feeling. Once you get appreciation you will not care too much about how you look for those few moments when someone respects you for helping them achieve something positive. You need to make a difference or you will feel worthless and not want to live. I have a career in changing people's lives in a positive way and if it were not for that career, I would be lost just like you are.

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Rotting Inside said:

At least you have a girlfriend so it proves she is more into YOU than your looks. I know how you feel. I have BDD too and all I do is try to find flaws and people so I feel better about myself. However, if I see a person with perfection in my perspective( pretty much every male fitness model) I feel nothing but envy and get sick to my stomach and my self esteem goes down the toilet. Envy is something that I have a hard time controlling and it can really put you into a state of depression. However, I am able to pull myself out of it because I know that everyone has problems or hang ups no matter how good looking they are. When I date women and see they have flaws, I tend to focus on it and it bothers me just as much as my own flaws do. I have a hunger for perfection and I can't control it. Its a distorted perspective and I have distorted limiting beliefs which lead me to a state of isolation and envy. I have learned to control it now and hopefully you can too. I know I will never be cured of this "curse" but I can function at a normal level where no one knows there is anything wrong.

My advice to you is find something you can do to help someone else improve themselves someway. Its a good feeling. Once you get appreciation you will not care too much about how you look for those few moments when someone respects you for helping them achieve something positive. You need to make a difference or you will feel worthless and not want to live. I have a career in changing people's lives in a positive way and if it were not for that career, I would be lost just like you are.
I totally feel like that dude. Sometimes I don't know how to get rid of this. I feel like giving a shotgun blowjob is the only solution. Seriously. My girlfriend is kind, loving, perfect personality. Yet I'm not satisfied, because her body is not perfect, because her nose is not of perfect proportions, yet 90% people see her as good looking and cute.

It's not f*****g only me up and people around me and I feel sorry for these people.

If I see a perfect looking man or woman, I feel envy, rage, hate, etc...I am even envious of my mother that she has better facial proportions than me. It's really fucked up.