Something to think about, fellas

NewBie_18

Reaction score
During trials for propecia I dont think the volunteers knew nothing about side effects, thats how Merck found out about them.During these trials only about 2% of a big group had sides. So these men went in knowing nothing about side effects so few of them actually experienced any.This leads to my conclusion that alot of sexual side effects are actually phycological,in the users mind.What do you guys think?? No offense to any people who did have unfortunate sides like gyno or ED, but it seems to me that alot more people than 2% report sides (at least on these forums).
***So my tip to any new users who are definetely gonna take finasteride is to go into it as if no side effects were reported,stay positive i'm sure you wont experince any sides,the only side you should expect (and it does happen) is a super boost in libido!!

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
sides

I would tend to think that too. I know in my case, I glossed over the fine print before starting propecia in the year 2000. I felt the sides come on around 2-3 weeks into it. You can't dream up "watery" semen though.

Also, on that same issue, I had never heard of depression or change of mood to be a side either (as most haven't), and yet, I distinctly went thru that, as others have.

NewBie_18

Reaction score
Good point about the watery semen Celtictigyr,hopefully that goes away for you,but do you think that depresion and mood swings like you mentioned stem from your unfortunate observation of watery semen?just a thought,because you might have gotten the depresion before you noticed the semen. what do you think?

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
I totaly agree with this
if every one on this forum is going i got this side and that side your going to be looking for them and anything going to be blamed on propecia

Deaner

Reaction score
I personally think most of it is in our heads. The other day, I couldn't "get it up" beacuse I was so worried the finasteride would ruin my chances. It was purely psychological at that point, because I got like, 3 later that night, hahaha, just cuz my mind was off it.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
deaner has been so worried about this ish, it's f*****g awesome.

Axon

Reaction score
The study was double blind.

Most of the reported sides are psychosematic.

Cassin

Reaction score
Axon said:
The study was double blind.

Most of the reported sides are psychosematic.

Exactly. Look how close the placebo group matched with the actual group that took real Finasteride.

Five-year safety profile

The five-year study confirmed the excellent safety profile of Propecia.

In the initial 12-month clinical studies, the following side effects were the most common and reported by a very small number of men: less desire for sex (1.8 percent vs. 1.3 percent on placebo), difficulty in achieving an erection (1.3 percent vs. 0.7 percent on placebo) and a decrease in the amount of semen (0.8 percent vs. 0.4 percent on placebo). These sexual side effects went away in all men who discontinued therapy because of them and also disappeared in most (56 percent men who chose to continue taking Propecia through the fifth year of the study. By the end of the fifth year, the incidence of those side effects was less than or equal to 0.3 percent in men who continued treatment with Propecia vs. men on placebo.

For those that don't know what Placebo is.

5 entries found for placebo.
pla·ce·bo ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pl-sb)
n. pl. pla·ce·bos or pla·ce·boes

A substance containing no medication and prescribed or given to reinforce a patient's expectation to get well.
An inactive substance or preparation used as a control in an experiment or test to determine the effectiveness of a medicinal drug.
Something of no intrinsic remedial value that is used to appease or reassure another.

NewBie_18

Reaction score
tynanW i think he meant he got 3 stiffies(boners) that night after he initially couldnt.thx axon and cassin for the info, hats off to axon a true member of HairLossTalk.com, the man still visits the site regularly after having excellent results and having 0 sides with finasteride.
**one last thing to anyone having ED and "ED" i recomend l-arginine,i never had low libido as a never took finasteride but i decided to try it just to experiment and it does work,the stuff is potent too i literally had an intense erection the same night i took it.i heard arginmax is good too for ED.good luck fellas!!