Something Terrible Happend To My Hair

Niv1356

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was on November 15 2018 when I got this haircut at a barbershop I wasn’t very familiar of. Anyway, once the barber finished my haircut, he started to blow dry my hair and when I say blow dry i mean highest heat possible, he was touching my hair and my scalp. I remember asking him, are you sure it’s safe I smell my hair burning, he answered don’t worry. Even a client entered the barbershop saying are you people crazy? He was relating to the barber of course. Anyway, at first I didn’t notice anything and wasn’t worried at all about losing my hair or going bald and that didn’t happen, yet. So after 1 month I started noticing my hair falling out a lot more then usual. Of course I could only relate to that blow dry I had the other month because I never was so afraid of losing my hair before. No one of my family bellived me, so I went to 3 different dermatologists, which I explained to them what exactly happens and they claimed that my hair loss is temporary due to the high heat on my hair and scalp. At the start I bellived them but now a year and 2 months have passed and I lost hair, not a lot but most certainly I can say that since that my roots are damaged from that incident. Nevertheless I feel that my hair isn’t as firmly attached to my scalp as it was in the past. My hair looks not as good at it looked back before the incident. People can say it is almost impossible to happen from only one time, but imagine a really high heat hitting your heat and scalp for maybe 10 minutes, as sure it was a bit painful, I felt the heat, and I had a burned hair after that I needed to shave all of my head off. Anyway, does that make sense? That this incident caused my hair to be less attached to the scalp? I will go bald in a few years if I continue to see that I lose hair like this. The dermatologist said he doesn’t know what will happen in the future but now he said I’m not going bald.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have photos? I'd like to see what's going on.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I don’t really want to share it here, but do you think scientifically that it can make me bald?
I don't know but is it possible that some damage to the hair roots occurred and they started to produce shorter finer hairs with shorter anagen phase and then you to notice more hair fall. If you have noticeable more hair fall it means that the anagen phase of the hair follicles has shortened and it enters the shedding phase prematurely. You have to do trichoscopy or get your scalp checked.

It might triggered or accelerated the balding process in you if you are genetically predisposed. Do you have temporal recession or any family history?

Niv1356

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know but is it possible that some damage to the hair roots occurred and they started to produce shorter finer hairs with shorter anagen phase and then you to notice more hair fall. If you have noticeable more hair fall it means that the anagen phase of the hair follicles has shortened and it enters the shedding phase prematurely. You have to do trichoscopy or get your scalp checked.

It might triggered or accelerated the balding process in you if you are genetically predisposed. Do you have temporal recession or any family history?
My father have full head of hair and he is 54, his father was bald, my father’s brother have full head of hair. Mom’s father have full head of hair. My mom have 3 Male brothers 1 of them is bald and the other 2 have thinning hair. About the scalp check, like I said I went to a dermatologist and he checked my scalp and without trichoscopy as far as I know he checked it with something similar and said I’m ok, he said, the hair loss is temporary. But still, I’m the only one who knows what was my hair like before, I know that it was thicker.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My father have full head of hair and he is 54, his father was bald, my father’s brother have full head of hair. Mom’s father have full head of hair. My mom have 3 Male brothers 1 of them is bald and the other 2 have thinning hair. About the scalp check, like I said I went to a dermatologist and he checked my scalp and without trichoscopy as far as I know he checked it with something similar and said I’m ok, he said, the hair loss is temporary. But still, I’m the only one who knows what was my hair like before, I know that it was thicker.
How back are your temples? Have you considered finasteride? It indeed can be be classical male pattern baldness.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really really doubt the heat "damaged" your hair follicles. What most likely happened is that the hair damaged your hair itself, which is why it looks worse.
But after 1 year new hair grows and it should look good again

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately looks like male pattern baldness. Your hairline is receding badly. . You are already at Norwood 3.

Niv1356

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately looks like male pattern baldness. Your hairline is receding badly. . You are already at Norwood 3.
You think the blow dryer did it? You saw how thick my hair was before that.
How do you know I’m going bald because of the wet hair?

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You think the blow dryer did it? You saw how thick my hair was before that.
How do you know I’m going bald because of the wet hair?

I don't think it was the blow-dryer. Your genetics have started to run it's course.

Niv1356

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it was the blow-dryer. Your genetics have started to run it's course.
I don’t understand I went to several dermatologists who were claiming I’m ok and not going bald. Are you sure I’m going bald?

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t understand I went to several dermatologists who were claiming I’m ok and not going bald. Are you sure I’m going bald?

You have huge temporal recession and thinning at the front. I think you are in denial. You have to accept it or do internet research on "how to regrow hair".

Niv1356

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have huge temporal recession and thinning at the front. I think you are in denial. You have to accept it or do internet research on "how to regrow hair".
There is no way of regrowing hair as far as I know. taking pills is not an option for me as it is not healthy.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not trolling at photo Number 8 I see that the temples went too far and miniaturisation aswell.
Learn the norwood scale first buddy. Norwood 3 is recession to ear level. He is not even close to that, regardless of what picture ur talking about. Ur not balding and there is nothing wrong with ur hair OP, get the f*** out of here.

Niv1356

My Regimen
Reaction score
Learn the norwood scale first buddy. Norwood 3 is recession to ear level. He is not even close to that, regardless of what picture ur talking about. Ur not balding and there is nothing wrong with ur hair OP, get the f*** out of here.
You may calm me down a bit but not as much as I would like to. Do you think the incident damaged my hair roots? You can definitely see a difference between before the incident and after right?

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
You may calm me down a bit but not as much as I would like to. Do you think the incident damaged my hair roots? You can definitely see a difference between before the incident and after right?
I see no difference, ur hair just was longer in ur first pictures. Ur hair looks normal what are u talking about man.

Niv1356

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see no difference, ur hair just was longer in ur first pictures. Ur hair looks normal what are u talking about man.
Let’s just say this: I know I’m not going bald for the next 2 years from now. But what I’m certain is that the incident caused my hair to be much thinner and isn’t as thick as it was.