Something I Wonder About Regarding The Dht.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those people that lose their hair over a long period of time, I'm curious; When you first have a thinning area at your head say at age 25, and then all of a sudden at age 28 it decides to go on "attack mode" again and kill the remaining thinning area - my question is, what makes the dht have that 3 years "pause"? If dht is active and your hair is sensitive to it, shouldn't it be killing your hair straight away? Not over a night or two, but still pretty fast? Some men can even have "pauses" of ten years until the dht decides to go berserk again.

So what i'm curious about is that pause. What happends to the dht during that pause? What causes the pauses?

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A reason i'm asking this is becuase i've had a tiny thinner area at the left frontal corner of my head. I'm just scared that it will soon "blow up". I've had that little spot for at least 4 years.

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
That’s just male pattern baldness for you, unpredictable.

I’ve had a NW2 since 21, I’m 32now and I’m NW2.5,my brother was NW2 at 20 and is NW6 at 25, luck of the draw and nobody knows why.

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
If it’s a any comfort, my front left corner started first also and my loss has been turtle slow my whole life

thinman93

My Regimen
Reaction score
Already tried it for a year, worked well but awful sides. Lowered libido, bad testicle pains about 8 months in, low energy etc. not worth it for me

I don't remember testicular pain being mentioned as one of the negative side effects, damn. I haven't started it yet, but I'd probably stop if the pain persisted.

It occurred 8 months in.. could it have been an outside factor? I guess it truly is a roll of the dice.

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't remember testicular pain being mentioned as one of the negative side effects, damn. I haven't started it yet, but I'd probably stop if the pain persisted.

It occurred 8 months in.. could it have been an outside factor? I guess it truly is a roll of the dice.

It was definitely the drug. It had gotten bad 8months in, but light pain since I started. Had ultrasounds and tests and the Doctor marked it as a side effect of propecia as his thought of cause. Also it went away completely 2 weeks after my last pill. Which is how long it takes for DHT to return to baseline.