Someone Using Isotretinoin While On Finas And minoxidil? Accutane.

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i have heard it can cause hair loss and hair thinning, i already took when i was 16, like 12 years ago, and i want to try again, since my acne is sh*t, got some foliculitis on the hair and my back allways with pimps,
have anyone try it while on finansteride and minoxidil?i heard that low dose, 0,5mg daily, coud help prevent seccondarys,

well all help much apreciated

thannks

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well.. Accutane does exacerbates baldness -- way too risky IMO.

To put things in perspective, a handful of women (over at the Women's Hair Loss subsection) went bald because of it.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Accutane only leads to hairloss if the dosage is way too high for a prolonged time. I was on Accutane and dutasteride at the same time because dutasteride caused my worst cysts acne/oily skin ever. Started on 10mg and worked up to 20mg, until i figured Accutane shot up my cholesterol and i had to stop it.

If i could've tolerated 20mg Accutane with no cholesterol issues, i would forever be on it. It was truly a miracle for both skin/hair and self confidence.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Accutane only leads to hairloss if the dosage is way too high for a prolonged time. I was on Accutane and dutasteride at the same time because dutasteride caused my worst cysts acne/oily skin ever. Started on 10mg and worked up to 20mg, until i figured Accutane shot up my cholesterol and i had to stop it.

If i could've tolerated 20mg Accutane with no cholesterol issues, i would forever be on it. It was truly a miracle for both skin/hair and self confidence.

you sure it wasn't the Duta protecting you from any hair loss (due to you being on Accutane)? had you not been on Duta you probably would have balded at a extremely rapid pace.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you sure it wasn't the Duta protecting you from any hair loss (due to you being on Accutane)? had you not been on Duta you probably would have balded at a extremely rapid pace.
No. Accutane induced hairloss would not be protected by 5ARIs. Every hair loss has its own source problem. You can't correct Vitamin D deficiency/aneamia hairloss by taking Finasteride/Minoxidil.

As i said before, Accutane in low doses won't cause hairloss. Derms are actually recommending to start at low doses and dismiss the traditional starting dose of 1-2mg/kg and work up to it only if needed.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. Accutane induced hairloss would not be protected by 5ARIs. Every hair loss has its own source problem. You can't correct Vitamin D deficiency/aneamia hairloss by taking Finasteride/Minoxidil.

As i said before, Accutane in low doses won't cause hairloss. Derms are actually recommending to start at low doses and dismiss the traditional starting dose of 1-2mg/kg and work up to it only if needed.

Understood. How did Accutane improve your hair? micro dosing on Accutane (say 10mg every other day) seems to be the latest fad on a handful of skin care forums. It's tempting but I'm certain it would wreck my already fragile balding head :(

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Understood. How did Accutane improve your hair? micro dosing on Accutane (say 10mg every other day) seems to be the latest fad on a handful of skin care forums. It's tempting but I'm certain it would wreck my already fragile balding head :(
Don't worry. I am quite on the larger side and even though they say "your Accutane dose depends on your weight, the bigger you are the higher your dose should be", i did amazing at low doses 10mg and 20mg. Accutane 5mg would reduce your sebum production by at least 25-30%. Some beauty gurus are even doing 20 mg every 3 day and it seems to be the best dose.

On Accutane, it got rid of my sebum by 80% and my hair would not get oily no matter the humidity or even if left 4 days without showering. I was pure oil naturally and dutasteride just made it worse. Now, as you can see from my regimen, i am on Cypro, and even though it reduced my sebum to a good extent, obviously it doesn't compare to Accutane. Sebum can exacerbate hair loss further, initiating scalp acne and folliculitis.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate, im in the same situation. I have acne that fucks my life. But i dont risk treating it with tane, because becoming bald has far harshes consequences and side effects than having acne.

I've read too many stories of how guys developed permanent hair loss after accutane and even women.

It's a deadly gamble to be involved in.

That's the reality of our existence.

Shitty f*****g genetics.

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thans for the reply, well i am on dutas twice a week , and the other 5 finas, i read that lowering your DHT helo you from Acne, so i dont get it you have problem with Dutas,

Also, i was thinking trying 10mg, but since i weight 90, it would take me like 3 year of make the full dosage

maibe just try a few months, i really dont know what to do, acne stress me alot,

irao33

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are taking Biotin and are prone to acne, it may make things a lot worse.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cystic acne is often caused by high estrogen

It’s caused by high testosterone, or a sensitivity to testosterone. I have minimal levels of testosterone and it has helped my skin improve significantly.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i have heard it can cause hair loss and hair thinning, i already took when i was 16, like 12 years ago, and i want to try again, since my acne is sh*t, got some foliculitis on the hair and my back allways with pimps,
have anyone try it while on finansteride and minoxidil?i heard that low dose, 0,5mg daily, coud help prevent seccondarys,

well all help much apreciated

thannks

To be honest, if the skin issues are becoming that bothersome to you, it’s best to start taking isotretinoin. Just make sure you tell your doctor that you’d much rather take a slow and steady dose, rather than a dose which is significant throughout the entire course. I think when the dose is lower, the side effect possibilities decrease significantly. Take finasteride with it, so at least if you do suffer from hair loss due to it (Telogen Effluvium), it won’t be permanent.