Someone help me put on some weight?

vjykmr89

Reaction score
My dear friend Always remember you cannot put on weight without feeding your body with proper proteins and carbohydrates.If you really want a nice body go to gym regularly and eat the food that has both proteins and carbohydrates, Eggs, Fish, Pulses, rice are the best source.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
I am underweight, and always have been. My entire family (immediate anyway) are really thin and my mum's brothers are thin (and bald! Damn bad genes!!!)

People say weight issues aren't genetic but they obviously are.

I am trying to gain weight as well. I joined the gym last week and the only way to do it is to eat more (healthy!) and do more exercise. Gaining lean muscle is the hardest. It's much easier to gain fat but it's not really great to get fat.

I am hoping to gain 1.5 stone (21lbs) in a year. It's doable but will require hard work. I am quite weak as well so have to start slowly. I have a lot of stamina and could lift lighter weights for ages but that's no good for gain.

So, what I do is:

- Have an extra peanut butter sandwich every day
- Have a flapjack which adds 500 calories to my intake every day
- Slightly larger portions of what I normally eat.
- Go to the gym 3 - 4 times per week (day on day off basically), I work out my entire body (arms, legs, back, chest etc) because this is apparently best for beginners and when you are better with form you can go onto more specific stuff (e.g. day of biceps and back) and lift heavier.
- I have been told to stock up on carbs immediately after working out to fuel the recovery, along with the protein of course.

At the moment it is horrible. I hate eating loads, but I do cardio after weight sessions to make sure the excess is burnt off... problem is I get carried away because I like cardio and will probably eat the muscles food supply!

Good luck.