Somebody's Story | 25 Finasteride Results | 7 Mo Treatment (pics)

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stick to dermaroller. Dermastamp is totally diff subject.

When I was applying liquid, I applyied 1.4 ml once a day. Now with foam its difficult to messure but one tub is enough for me for 6 weeks. I apply small piches all over head. As you can see in youtube video I made in past.

How about waiting for 30 min before applying?

That's goof to know bc I only apply to the front of my scalp and my last bottle lasted about 7 weeks (twice a day application though)

This Sunday I'll wait 30 mins to an hour after rolling to apply minoxidil. Do you think it's ok to roll with slightly damp hair after shower?

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you doing dermarolling lightly?

I can do a medium pressure dermarolling with 540 needles and it still won't sting when I apply minoxidil.

Yes, I only use .5mm lightly. My skin turns red but no bleeding. Stings like crazy tho. I do use salicylic acid shampoo daily so maybe that has thinned my skin? I'm not sure

bonildo

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did it take for you personally till you saw any benefit from taking dermaroller + minoxidil ?

techkid

Reaction score
For those of you who had success. How do you know its the dermarolling or the other treatments that are giving you results?

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Somebody-

Do you think propecia/avodart are enough to control dht? Do u think it would be worthwhile to add in a topical anti androgen like ru58841 to sensitive areas like the hairline?

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like foligain SR. Reason is scalp inflammation. Foligain SR will take it away after just few washes (much more effectiv then Nizarol). Revita is good shampoo and I still use it from time to time. Revita was my number 1 choice from 2013 - 2016. Next. Hair grow and shampoo. It's difficult to say if shampoo can give regrow. Since I never used it as stand alone treatment. But I still advice to use good shampoo, since its may give more odds in our favor.

What about the new one from Foligain you were trying out, the one with Keto and salicylic acid? https://www.biovea.com/uk/product_d...OLIGAIN.D1-DANDRUFF-CONTROL-SHAMPOO-8oz-236ml

Biovea dosen't even have the SR version any longer

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, Somebody. Do you think at the age 22-23 your hair (especially hairline) was better or worse than this?
Sorry, poor quality:
It was worse. I add a picture when I was 22

Attachments

• SANY0035.JPG
    SANY0035.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 916
Last edited:

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the picture, that gives me some hope. Today I will order 6 bottles of kirkland minoxidil for the beginning and 1.5 mm 540 needles dermaroller.
Also I tried egg mask for scalp yesterday, and it worked wonderfully. I had some minor itch in diffuse area before mask, but later it has gone completely. Perhaps, there is something antiinflammatory in it. Do you apply it every day?

Last edited:

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of research. Apparently hair follicles never die. They lie dormant
True. I didnt do anything from 2003 - 2008 and it looked like game was over. But I was able to turn process around and gain back most of lost hair

Last edited:

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
6 month

Try first with finasteride and dutasteride. Hair are robust and when you have found right treatment it will regrow hair anyway. Also check google for salicylic acid

I looked into salicylic acid like u said and use a shampoo and contains 3% daily. Do u think this can work as a topical anti androgen is that y u mentioned it?

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alex
not sure if this has been asked before but y did u decide to apply minoxidil only once a day instead of the twice a day that rogaine recommends?

Erland

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is targeted to Alex just as anybody else with major success with their treatment. Do you have it in your family? Or was it just you having issues with your scalp like you mentioned a bit in this thread? both?

cheers

Erland

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do actually need to make yourself bleed with a dermaroller? Because I drag it like crazy and get tears from my eyes but I just get slightly red. I use a 1,5mm. Should you use minoxidil in combination with a roller?

Erland

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Cheers. I've watched some of those.

I'm heading down your route with perilla and the right shampoos. I have a pretty sensitive scalp and could very well be half of the problem. I don't have any aggressive hair loss in my family. Only my father have "bad" hair other than me and he probably didn't get any diffuse thinning like me as far as I remember until he was approaching his 60th birthday. He has below average hairline though (if that wording is even a thing lol).

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
I reckon I could improve my hair even more (was a thick Norwood 3 and a transplant took me to mature hairline) if I added Minoxidil and derma rolling. Since I don't really need Minoxidil I'd rather not start on it. What do you think of adding derma roller on without Minoxidil? I've been on finasteride and maybe will increase to dutasteride.

Lightly rolling without minoxidil won't yield anything. If you want to go that route, you need to wound to a depth of 1.5 mm once every 7-10 days.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Very cool of you to come back and help even though your hair loss is pretty much solved.

I'm going to start perilla and dermarolling along with my regimen of big3+copper peptides. I have very bad inflammation but no flaking. When i sleep decent amount (7+ hours) or take low dose antidepressant my itching/inflammation decreases. How long should it take for perilla help and decrease inflammation?

Does your inflammation increase with either stress, lack of sleep, or anxiety?

Also, any reason why u scaled back to 3 times a week keto shampoo from daily?

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lso, any reason why u scaled back to 3 times a week keto shampoo from daily?
I dont have inflammation probelem anymore and scalp feels good. So I decided just to use it 3 times a week. But I problem with inflammation comes back I will increse of use of keto.

Last edited:

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I it did before. Now I manage stress much better. I taken course's on stress managment and self mastery. It has helped a lot. As of now there very few situations that can make me stress about.

Any suggestions for courses like this? Sounds interesting