Some treatment experiences

Psuedo

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to jump in and make a post to share some personal experiences I've had with the standard, experimental, and controversial treatments. Also may be a relatively popular guy on these forums in the near future as I may be a member of the NYC clinical trials taking place for Kerastem.

Anyways, I'm not new to these forums by any means, just a new poster. I am familiar with the science as well as the laundry list of treatments discussed here on a daily basis. I'm 26 and been losing hair since age 19. I have 4 male cousins all identical in age and on the same side of the family and everyone of them was a N7 by 21, making me the obvious anomaly. My father and 2 uncles also were entirely bald at a very young age. Having said that I'll run briefly through what I've done to fight the process. You should also know Ive been shaving my head with a short guard beard trimmer since age 17 and still do to this day. This makes it very easy to observe even the smallest changes in hair pattern. And like every else here, I am OCD about hair loss so I pretty much know each hair on my head individually at this point.

1. LLLT: Say what you want, but this at the very least makes a noticeable cosmetic difference. I spent 2 years doing this in which my hair loss was more stable then it had ever been. At the time I was only using minoxidil on my temples alone and herbal DHT blockers (relax, I get it).

2. PRP+Acell: I did this in 2012 in NYC with Dr. Prasad. This was after using LLLT and minoxidil for about 2 years. While it was no cure at all, I did go almost 16 months without using any supplements or topicals and my hair was noticeably thicker and the loss was more then stabilized. At the most, this was just a powerful and temporary preservation. I would not recommend it because its not long lasting enough. Loss started again quite rapidly at about 18 months.

3. BioMedic minoxidil: Ive tried every minoxidil available and for some reason I never hear anyone talk about the Biomedic solution & co-enzyme. I can say with full confidence this has been the most reliable and effective treatment I've been ever used. Other minoxidil treatments did not work nearly as well as this for me and I attribute that to the combination of ingredients in the two step product. This is the only solution I've ever actually seen vasodialate my scalp and does so with no irritation. After sitting on the scalp for 10 minutes or so the entire area of application is deep red but feels entirely soothed. I believe this is because the addition of the co-enzyme design to aid penetration allows the minoxidil to do it job much better.

4. Saw Palmetto: I won't get into the back and forth about the effectiveness of naturals because I've read down that rabbit hole, but I can tell you that the supplement Permixon gave me side effects to the point I was convinced it was finasteride advertised as Saw Palmetto. Ive been steadily a general SP supplement for years and while I can attest to it being no miracle cure, I'm hard pressed to believe it hasn't at least delayed the process to some extent. Moving on.

5. Kopexil/Procapil: I used a product call Nano Agent from MIN NY. I did not use this long enough to experience any real results, but can say that after a month or so my hair felt stronger to the touch. It did not look any different cosmetically, but it felt more coarse and less flimsy. I do believe that is the only real benefit of these.. to strengthen the root of the hair. As far as that goes, id say it might do that much.

6. Cetrizine: Nonsense.. Since the days of being an allergy infested little kid, Ive been pumping my body full of this stuff. No experience with it topically, but if this did anything systemically, I would be a -nordwood.

7. Finasteride: Cant take it do to drug interactions with other meds, wouldn't If I could. I have a very sensitive hormonal profile. I can't even take creatine because it throws off my hormone levels to much. I think outside of the psychosomatic side effects of people who have been scared into having them, there is a very clear issue of some people not being able to tolerate this med. Congrats to those who can. Pop away.

8. Message & Exercise: Look I don't do this to cure Androgenetic Alopecia, I'm not dumb enough to think its the solution. However I can tell you that because I shave my head once a week, I can very easily tell when my hair growth is faster and slower. I can see the results as I shave and have become very in-tune with my shedding and growing cycles. With a career and a social life, Ive not been as physical as I would have like to be on a consistent basis, but when I am on a roll for a month or two, my hair is thicker, faster growing, and there is less shedding. Maybe its something entirely different causing this, but when I push my body to the limit, there is a very visible improvement. This could be simply that my skin and hair is benefiting from the extra blood flow. Sure. But its the same result every single time. After two weeks of being back on an excellent exercise routine things are slightly improved. As for scalp message, Its easy for me with a shaved head, I can literally see and feel my head exfoliating. My head is smooth and clean before I start and when Im done, theres **** (probably sebum from my pores) clumped up all over my scalp.

as for all the TWO letter followed 9 numbers treatments, ill go ahead and wait. I prefer to focus on other aspects of my life rather then finding every experimental liquid under the sun that might grow some hair over a 12 month span. But I appreciate you guys who do blaze the trails so once something does work I can just hop on the band wagon.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Hello Pseudo,
I really appreciated your thread.
During your PRP+ACell treaments were you using any other treatment (eg:min or finasteride)n conjunction with it before or afterward?
Also how many x's did you say you received it, and can you recount approximately what it cost you?

I think 18 months of "hair stability" is respectable, if improvement is achieved at the level of quality your experience implies.
Thanks again.

DDobler

Established Member
Reaction score
Would like to know which meds you take that you can't interact with finasteride.

Psuedo

Banned
Reaction score
Hello Pseudo,
I really appreciated your thread.
During your PRP+ACell treaments were you using any other treatment (eg:min or finasteride)n conjunction with it before or afterward?
Also how many x's did you say you received it, and can you recount approximately what it cost you?

I think 18 months of "hair stability" is respectable, if improvement is achieved at the level of quality your experience implies.
Thanks again.

Hey Walker,

I was using minoxidil alone along side herbal supplements for about 2 years prior to Acell+Prp. After I received the *1 time treatment, I went off everything because I had planned to return to the clinic for photographic follow up and progress documentation, but it just so happened my hair loss was so stabilized I finally started living my life with almost no concern for it again. Was nice to have that year of complete freedom. Unfortunately this caused me to forget about appointments and eventually never followed up. My hair did start to fall out relatively quickly at about 1.5 years.

As I said I can't in good faith recommend this treatment because I payed I believe 3,500$ for it and thats not far off a small transplant cost.

Like I said, at best it was a very powerful temporary stabilizer and cosmetic improvement.

- - - Updated - - -

Would like to know which meds you take that you can't interact with finasteride.

SSRI's have a tendency to adjust your body NO production and cause a slightly more fragile sexual state as it is. To my doctors advice, my threshold to tolerate something else that may impact libido would not be smart.

youngster

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pardon me for the rookie question, but shouldn't you be able to simply undergo PRP+Acell again after the 18 months for continued preservation?
Thanks for the thread anyhow.