Some questions on hair pieces

Cowboy

Reaction score
I will start by saying that currently, I still have enough coverage on the top of my head, and my hair is down around where my ears end. I've had long hair before and would be interested to maintain the same look of longer hair. Probably down to my shoulders or so.

Obviously I am going to need more of a wig than a hair piece. My question is, is it necessary to shave the top of my head to wear a hair piece for this look, or at all? Is there anything where I can just add some density to what I have already?

Now, as far as getting a hair system custom designed, I still have the pony tail of my hair from when I had it cut short back about 3 years now. Will they be able to make use out of this hair? Would it save on the cost at all?

And lastly, what am I looking at to get something of decent quality designed for this style?

gray

Reaction score
Hi Cowboy (best said camply).
Seriously though, as a realistic long term solution you would be better to shave down the hair below the area of replacement.
This ensures the membrane sits perfectly flush. However the stylist should initially cut in the system without needing to cut hair away. This ensures you like the result before any need to remove hair.
You can use your own hair- it depends how much you have and the quality- because human hair is used you would be best advised to use the best quality human hair.
Also, you wont save a great deal by using your own hair.
Extensions allow you to add density but there not advisable if you are sufferering genetic hair loss already. ie. they will apply traction to existing hair pulling more out.
Best Wishes
Gray