Solving A Problem

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I've been following this forum for awhile now and I thought it might be time for introduction. Hope I can make myself well understood and excuse me for any language mistakes.
I am 22 years old.
I noticed first signs of male pattern baldness when I was 20. This was expected since male pattern baldness strongly runs through my moms and my dads side. I had hoped for it to start at a later stage in life, but is what it is.
I'm at NW1,5 stage with diffuse thinning on top.

I started with finasteride for about a year ago. Took 0,25 mg e3d. Used it for 3-4 months. Experienced increaded libido and become stronger. Quit because it affected my skin quality, I also got stressed and I had anxiety. It seemed as it aged my skin at fast rate. Saggy face and sunken eyes. I think it is possible that it induced fat atrophy.

After that I tried using Nizoral ED in 4-5 month as a single treatment. I believe I saw some regrowth before I noticed how it messed up with the texture of hair and that it made my skin very dry. Big mistake. I Think I developed some kind of allergic reaction to one of the ingridients in Nizoral. However it is very mild. During this period I I lost ground and my front started to thin diffusely
I use Nizoral 1x week now and see if i can recover from the texture change.

After that I tried topical melatonin, which I had bought for better sleep initially. I have been using it on scalp for last 1-2 months. It cooled down my scalp but stopped the treatment and thought it might be wiser to invest in a stronger treatment with more back-up.

Because of the pattern of my hair loss I am at a stage where l would look better with shaved head if I would lose little more hair, although i'm supposedly NW1-2.
I dont look too bad shaved, also I am black, but now is the time to act.

I am amazed by the intellect, the knowledge and the effort in this forum. Being a medical student I somehow find researching this a charm, developing my scientific understanding and also putting it on a test. And hopefully I can find´a solution"to the problem.

My goal and plan is to compound an anti-adrogenetic topical with a good safety profile. I am currently using topical alfatradiol.

Quest

My Regimen
Reaction score
your story is very similar to mine, especially with looking into small doses of topical AA's. I, however, had nasty sides from finasteride/sawP right off the back which is deterring me from wanting to start something new, but I'll be following your progress, wish the best for ya!