Solid results with minoxidil alone - should I try to increase aesthetics even more?

letstalkabouthair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have long hair and started to get a bald patch on the crown. It didn't look bad when my hair was tied up (so despite it being bad for my hair, I kept it up 24/7), but I was self conscious about my bald patch if my hair was left down.

The minoxidil was a pain to apply due to my long hair, but I just used 2 mls/ day since much of it was absorbed by the surrounding hair. It's been about 4 months, but I can finally wear my hair down again. WHAT A RELIEF. My fiends and partners have complimented on it looking fuller and overall I'm super stoked.

With that being said, since I was going bald I began looking into other ways to increase my appearance and stumbled across this new surgery that promises inches in height https://leglengtheningsurgery.com/

It seems kind of risky and less appealing now that my hair is coming back, but I've honestly wanted to be taller and I think it would help my insecurities or even if I went bald later, at least I could be 6 ft +. What do you all think, am I overthinking my looks and should I just be glad I don't look like Mr. Clean now?

letstalkabouthair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I know it's not a magic solution, but I think it'll help with my confidence. I do have the funds and have been through many, many painful experienced throughout my life so I think I have the metal fortitude. Idk, I just don't have many people to talk about it so I guess that's why I ask for opinions.

So far the minoxidil has done wonders, but it could be annoying to apply it everyday - indefinitely. I won't take finasteride due to the horror stories, but maybe I'll add in Ketoconazole - which I was using for awhile, but the minoxidil actually cleared up my scalp. Any thoughts on this regimen? Am I a just paranoid about finasteride?

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Paranoid about finasteride but seriously contemplating LL surgery ? Says it all

Don't do LL. Apart from the fact that it is a horribly painful, barbarous procedure, it can cripple your for life and it will impact your athletic performance considerably. Moreover it will cause more problems down the line, and, unless you have an incredibly long torso, you can only add an inch or two before you get goofy proportions

Bruh you're 31. Just let it go and live life