Sodium Laureth and/or Sodium Lauryl Free Shampoos

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey All

Searching this forum for specific information can become quite tedious, so apologies as this has probably been answered many times before.

Can anyone tell me the freely available varieties of sodium laureth and/or sodium lauryl free shampoos? I'd prefer to pick something up at the supermarket than purchase from an online organic store or something, so the more mainstream the better.

I'm down here in Australia.

Thanks all.

Def

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks NT88!

That Jason stuff is actually not freely available down here in Oz, but I just bought some online as it’s so inexpensive!

What about other products in the Jason range? Are their styling products any good?

Def

G

Def said:
Thanks NT88!

That Jason stuff is actually not freely available down here in Oz, but I just bought some online as it’s so inexpensive!

What about other products in the Jason range? Are their styling products any good?

Def

Never used the styling products to be honest. I imagine they are pretty good.

G

Jason's products use sodium myreth sulfate, which is still in the bad category along with sls. I know this cuz I got the Jason tea tree oil shampoo and was not really that impressed.

Jacob

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's freely available in Australia. Living Nature(livingnature.com) seems to be available there. You could try Google's au search engine: http://www.google.com.au/ ..if you need to get it online.

petemitchell

Reaction score
REN is a 'natural' skincare brand in the UK, supposedly used by the likes of Jude Law, they carry a sulfate and paraben free shampoo in their range.

I've used it, it's not bad, but prefer a more expensive SLS free shampoo that Louise Galvin sells.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Morrocco Method is what I use. They have 4 different types of shampoos that will grow vellus hairs pretty good. The ingredients are great.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice one dude!

Morocco method stuff looks pretty good. A bit hippy, dope-smoking, save the whales sales pitch for me, but the products sound good!

Def

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would (and I do) use shampoos with sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate without so much as a second's hesitation. I think it's pure New Age goofiness to blame all of society's ills on a small amount of detergent in a shampoo! :wink:

Bryan

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe you're right.

I've been using them al my life up to now without any hesitation. However, if using organic / Ayurvedic shampoo system will help my crown thicken up again, i'm using them!

Def

poochy

Reaction score
I stopped using shampoo with sls and within a week my scalp was much healthier and my dandruff/ dry scalp totally cleared up! Also with my scalp in good shape I absorb my topical treatments better. I will never go back to sls detergent shampoos.

CCS

Reaction score
what alternative is there?

poochy

Reaction score
Go to a health food/vitamin store or do a search for natural organic shampoos. A few I found and use are from a company called Aubrey Organics they sell one thats called primrose and lavender scalp soothing shampoo, another is A'kin unscented very gentle shampoo for sensitive scalps. Some people may not need to use this type of shampoo but for me having a very dry scalp I have not found anything that works better. Just read the label the next time you buy shampoo and avoid the chemical detergent ones.

CCS

Reaction score
I read some lables on a site that sells natural stuff. It did not have SLS, but it had SMS, the same molecule but an extra carbon atom somewhere. Maybe better, maybe worse. We won't know until we study this new stuff. Just because something is different or natural does not mean it is better.

poochy

Reaction score
All I can go by is the shampoo I am now using claims to be all natural and for the first time in a very long time my scalp is completely scale free and healthier.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
College - there are plenty of shampoos that use neither SLS, SMS or any other sulfates. For example, the Morrocco Method shampoos (http://www.morroccomethod.com) only use sh*t like soap bark to enable some kind of emulsifying action - and even then, it's pretty p*ssweak!

I used the Morrocco shampoos for almost a year and while they were quite good and your hair gets used to the low foaming shampoos, I can't say I noticed any regrowth or anything.

My scalp may have been slightly healthier, but it was never really unhealth (except for male pattern baldness!) to start with.

Def

CCS

Reaction score
google shampoos with capric glucoside. it is the least irritating detergent out there, like 1/10th as bad as SLS. any of the glucosides are low inflammatory.