socks from hairloss help

antonio666

Reaction score
There is a guy who used to go on the hairlosshelp forum,who beleives johnny depp is a norwood 3,thinks jude laws hair is totally disgusting and basically thinks that if you are not a norwood 1 ,you should shave your head,i thought i was paronoid about hairloss but jude law is clearly a norwood 3 but is hair is mega thick and still in my opinion looks good,as for johnny depp being a norwood 3 ,that is insane ,barely a norwood 2

G

Well Socks was the guy who had no visible hairloss whatsoever and claimed to have regrown with spironolactone and sh*t like that. If my memory serves me right, that is.

beaner

Reaction score
Yes, the man has a great head of hair with never a problem that I could tell. His magnificent "regrowth" was nothing but a few thin hairs on his temple. Good guy, but definitely has BDD or something. The spironolactone also obviously gave him gyno....he was always nice enough to post shirtless pictures. Just an FYI for anyone considering oral spironolactone.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
the thing is that he did have some hair loss, he caught it really early before it got bad.

most people don't catch it at early as him and so when he posted pics they would say "you are insane" "what crazy guy" when in fact he was starting to lose it and started treatment immediately because he did not want to go bald.

Socks makes sense to me. He researched spironolactone thoroughly before using it, and finasteride too. Yes, he has obsessive tendencies.. so do most people on these boards.

IBM

Reaction score
Felk said:
Yeah i didn't have problems with the way he conducted his treatments, and talked about them freely.

However when he posted his self love pics and accused everyone of being jealous of his looks and hair, I thought he was an idiot.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... c&start=90

WTF i didnt knew that :lol: . This forum is full of surprises.

As for Socks i respect him. It was his story one of the reasons i started Oral spironolactone. And i'm glad to add it to my regimen. Definitely a boost in hairloss fight. As for sides i'm suffering for tiredness and sleepy mood.

I'm sorry that he stopped to update his story. That's a valuable resource.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
Well Socks was the guy who had no visible hairloss whatsoever and claimed to have regrown with spironolactone and $#iT like that. If my memory serves me right, that is.

yeah he also claims his religion helps with his hair regrowth.

forget that loser man

G

I like socks, he always treated me gentle and with respect. Yes, he was obsessed with his hair. Jesus, how terrible on a hairloss board :roll:

IBM, I hope you know that socks STOPPED spironolactone though I don´t remember the exact reasons.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
antonio666 said:
There is a guy who used to go on the hairlosshelp forum,who beleives johnny depp is a norwood 3,thinks jude laws hair is totally disgusting and basically thinks that if you are not a norwood 1 ,you should shave your head,i thought i was paronoid about hairloss but jude law is clearly a norwood 3 but is hair is mega thick and still in my opinion looks good,as for johnny depp being a norwood 3 ,that is insane ,barely a norwood 2

i think jude law has a hair system or something. You just don't really stop losing your hair, or maybe he is on a regimen. who knows.. I probably was a Norwood 3 at birth!

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
recboi said:
antonio666 said:

i think jude law has a hair system or something. You just don't really stop losing your hair, or maybe he is on a regimen. who knows.. I probably was a Norwood 3 at birth!

There are many many guys that just lost some ground and stay there forever.

As I've observed not all baldies get to NW6, they freeze somewhere in between.

It has always amazed me, haven't you seen one of those guys with an island of hair in the middle of the head that never dies?. I mean, theoretically, those are hairs in the zone where there's miniaturization, but still, they survive, while all the others next to them have fallen, and even the lesser susceptible ones as well...

Felk

Reaction score
To be fair the photo on the page i linked to was posted by another user as his "favourite socks picture." It was in response to the photos socks posted of himself in Taugenichts thread.

Doesn't change the fact that it is quite hilarious :p

IBM

Reaction score
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... 919#273919:

Having said all of that... One more thing. As other guys who followed my threads before know, I've had a bunch of funkie pictures posted before. The pic I posted is indeed me (the black and white one) and was taken the day after x-mas (around 3am in the morning before I went to bed). If any guys here wants blunt and accurate advice on how to improve their looks I'm the guy to ask. I have done a lot of looking into all kinds of cosmetic products and cosmetic surgical procedures. I'm very a*** and OCD about every little detail that can make someone look good so keep that in mind when I offer advice.... I'm usually pretty good at giving advice even if some people think I'm a complete pr*ck ;)

Sean68

Reaction score
hes a good poster. should post more really but i suppose he doesnt have to now.

antonio666

Reaction score
socks ,although he is very critical about other peoples hair was a good guy and used to give good advice and was prepared to go furter than your average male pattern baldness sufferer and for that he has my respect

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
yea definitely socks is/was a good guy(i noticed he posted on HLH recently)

knows a lot of good info and loves a good schmoke too..........

although he never really had hairloss......

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I did enjoy his craziness. But only to a certain extent, because, obviously, the guy is delusional, and nothing says "delusional" loudlier than two pages posts explaining his theories and reasons.

I think we are all a bit "imaginative" when it comes to ourselves, and I don't want to totally bash the guy for it, but I do have myself a laugh when I see him saying that he is some kind of world expert in beautiness and style, and then he posts a pic where he looks like a lesbian trying to go unnoticed between machos at the local country bar.

Frankly, I don't know my take on him, because as I said I do enjoy the crazy, but also I see his ODD is contagious to the newbies, because (we have to accept this) he knows it all about the theory and is always prone to give advice to everyone, with his obsessive point of view in them.

Also, I don't want to look the guy above the shoulder as some sort of madman, because we are all guilty of vanity, to a certain degree.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Solo said:
I think we are all a bit "imaginative" when it comes to ourselves, and I don't want to totally bash the guy for it, but I do have myself a laugh when I see him saying that he is some kind of world expert in beautiness and style, and then he posts a pic where he looks like a lesbian trying to go unnoticed between machos at the local country bar.

:lol: