Social phobia and hair loss

AbuAktar

Banned
Reaction score
Well if you think taking a drug that isn't even approved for hair loss is brave.

Whatever, I choose to be smart. Better with some hair (from my hair transplant) than hair and f-ing tits.

Why would you make fun of sweepings gyno?. He has quite a good body other than that.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
The odds of getting gyno from finasteride or lasting side effects is next to non-existent.

Fred has a real reason for avoiding finasteride, but the rest just haven't done their research.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Going bald can definately lead to social anxiety. Add bdd to that cocktail and peoples reactions of disgust and laughter are only amplified...welcome to my world.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Going bald can definately lead to social anxiety. Add bdd to that cocktail and peoples reactions of disgust and laughter are only amplified...welcome to my world.

I agree. In my case (like with many others) baldness has definitely led to social anxiety. I've become so afraid of going outside, because I never know when some stupid kid will say something about my hair. Most grown up people are too polite to say something mean about a woman's thinning hair, but you know kids will speak their minds without a filter. I almost look forward to the day I get a hair piece now, because at least then I will know my hair looks good (hopefully) and no kids will make some snarky remark about it. But of course I'm not REALLY looking forward to it, as wearing a hair piece comes with a lot of restrictions.

shookwun

Reaction score
Hold up, let me try to find my f*cks.
You're right, I'm not taking Finasteride. I'm taking dutasteride. Anything else you would like to say to me? I can pretend to care for a few more posts or so.

Different person

colony

Reaction score
I agree. In my case (like with many others) baldness has definitely led to social anxiety. I've become so afraid of going outside, because I never know when some stupid kid will say something about my hair. Most grown up people are too polite to say something mean about a woman's thinning hair, but you know kids will speak their minds without a filter. I almost look forward to the day I get a hair piece now, because at least then I will know my hair looks good (hopefully) and no kids will make some snarky remark about it. But of course I'm not REALLY looking forward to it, as wearing a hair piece comes with a lot of restrictions.
I definitely agree with you.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
goddamn dem feels brah

i relate so hardcore man you dont even know. especially the crippled ego part

i literally fantasize most of the day just to make up for feeling inferior. and im pretty much always thinking about who is better and what being "better" means

ive gone kinda cuckoo from baldness lol

Totaly can relate to that brother.)

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeap, however my experiences contrast to those of uncomfortable man's. i've been going outside as a full on norwood 6 for a year or two now, and no one ever has said anything or looked at me funny. sorry ucman, but bald guys aren't that rare. why would anyone say anything? that must be a bad area or something you are in.

shookwun

Reaction score
yeap, however my experiences contrast to those of uncomfortable man's. i've been going outside as a full on norwood 6 for a year or two now, and no one ever has said anything or looked at me funny. sorry ucman, but bald guys aren't that rare. why would anyone say anything? that must be a bad area or something you are in.

Bro, are you serious?

Bald men are a huge minority, which are in the same ship as balding teenagers who have been hit by the premature bullet.

Those advanced NW7s are mostly premature baldies (teenagers) in present day

Look around, most older men are commonly Nw2-4s but as a NW7, not so much.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Bro, are you serious?

Bald men are a huge minority, which are in the same ship as balding teenagers who have been hit by the premature bullet.

You have some bad BDD pal. Not referring to this post.

- - - Updated - - -

Baldness is definitely not rare. Sometimes when i go out i'm genuinely surprised by how common it is, because reading these forums and thinking about hair loss would have you believe it's some sort of rare deformity. The reality is nothing like this. You know, past a certain point who f'n cares how bald someone is. I often think a NW6 guy looks better than a NW3-4 guy because it's neater/tidier but maybe that's just me. Shave it down and it's all much of a muchness.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Bald men are extremely rare.

Now imagine how extremely rare a balding woman is. Make that a balding YOUNG woman and they are nearly extinct. Balding men are not rare, but severely or completely bald men are a minority. A severely bald young dude is very rare though.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice post. Me in a nutshell.

So you never tried finasteride? or u got on it and had sides? You got a hair transplant, what Norwood were you? FUT OR FUE? What Norwood are you now?

I've been too scared to try finasteride/dutasteride as well but I am saving up for a FUT hair transplant.

I tried finasteride for 8 months successfully but then got awful sides. Its funny to because every Doctor I went to denied it was the cause, even my hair transplant Doctor. In my last checkup with him he brought up he recently had one of his patients come back and complain about the exact same sides as me from it. Pereneal pain being one of the worst. I had what seemed like bad prostate issues. I still say my sides seemed like a mix of a steroid crash, like in guys that juice, and gonorrhea.

I got an FUE and it helped drastically but again with my hair loss it couldnt be a one and done procedure. My crown is seriously starting to fade away and I would honestly like to see if I could add more hairline. It took a lot to even re create a hairline but I still have that rearing slope back at the top of my forehead that I hate. It makes my hairline look like it starts in the middle of my scalp (exaggeration of course). I would like to move it forward more so I could have that nice clean straight up and down where forehead ends and hair starts in one straight fashion.

I dont even know what Norwood I am anymore. I was pretty much like a norwood 5 but the crown was not as awful then of course.
If I never got this I Would prob be a HARD 5 or 6 with that small puff of frontal hair by now. I used to have to keep my hair really long and PRAY for no wind or shave it. I HATED shaving it. I hate the shaved look and NO MAN should be forced to resort to that.
Saying any guy whos handsome with hair is handsome without is completely FALSE. There are guys who are really good looking bald but look awful with hair so how can it not work in reverse.
I need to get more filled in as some of the hair that was existing when I had mine done is thinning pretty rapidly for some reason.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
Now imagine how extremely rare a balding woman is. Make that a balding YOUNG woman and they are nearly extinct. Balding men are not rare, but severely or completely bald men are a minority. A severely bald young dude is very rare though.

I actually see balding women in real life, not much of them, but there are some in my neighbourhood (I'm talking about seeing scalp very very clearly and thin hair). Most of them look Asian or Surinamese. They aren't young, though, mostly in their late 40s/early 50s.

Generally, people don't mock those women as it is seen as an inappropriate thing to do. With bald men, even when very young, it doesn't matter. He just has to suck it up. The general view of society.

- - - Updated - - -

Bro, are you serious?

No, not entirely true. My dad started to go bald at 27 and is a NW7 now. Woody Harrelson had an acceptable head of hair in his twenties and he is practically bald nowadays. There are more bald men than balding teenagers. Not everyone who goes bald starts in his late teens, not even necessarily in his early to mid-twenties.

I do agree with bald men being a minority, though.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
What does it have to do with BDD?

Some hair is always better than no hair.

Bald men are extremely rare.

Half of men in their 50's have varying degrees of baldness, and that means a lot of them have only started receding!

I was the only balding guy in high school, and the only bald guy at university.

Hadn't I had a hair transplant, I would have been the only bald guy at my first job.

I'm 26 and even having a NW2.5 with a nearly bald crown is far from being considered normal.
I agree that being bald young is very rare
I'm a year younger than you and I very rarely see bald people our age at work/going out its ****ED

but i disagree that bald men are extremely rare
theres tons of balding dudes 30s+, maybe not bald nw7 style but defs in my books bald.

but back on topic
yes social phobia is real
when i was 18 to 22 and still only nw2 was totally carefree and loved going out and being sociable
when i realised i was balding i'm still only nw2.5 ish now (big forehead though and I do shave my head to the skin so i am bald), ive gone out way less and I do not feel comfortable enough to g oclubbing which sucks

remember recently went to a club with a hat
some girl took off my hat on the d floor
i quickly turned around and grabbed it

even worse i was dancing with some girl who knew my friend, she asked me if she could wear my hat
but i said no
-_-
this hairloss business is so ****ign stupid
whats worse is my dad has hair and hes 54, he has better hair than me FFS
and my brother whos 22 has no sign of hairloss

makes me so angry. i feel way lessor of a person than i used to be
its especially difficult because i'm about to start proper work and i cant stand being around people with perfect hair lol

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree that being bald young is very rare
I'm a year younger than you and I very rarely see bald people our age at work/going out its ****ED

but i disagree that bald men are extremely rare

theres tons of balding dudes 30s+, maybe not bald nw7 style but defs in my books bald.

but back on topic
yes social phobia is real
when i was 18 to 22 and still only nw2 was totally carefree and loved going out and being sociable
when i realised i was balding i'm still only nw2.5 ish now (big forehead though and I do shave my head to the skin so i am bald), ive gone out way less and I do not feel comfortable enough to g oclubbing which sucks

remember recently went to a club with a hat
some girl took off my hat on the d floor
i quickly turned around and grabbed it

even worse i was dancing with some girl who knew my friend, she asked me if she could wear my hat
but i said no
-_-
this hairloss business is so ****ign stupid
whats worse is my dad has hair and hes 54, he has better hair than me FFS
and my brother whos 22 has no sign of hairloss

makes me so angry. i feel way lessor of a person than i used to be
its especially difficult because i'm about to start proper work and i cant stand being around people with perfect hair lol

Yeah and now imagine you would be Norwood 5

shookwun

Reaction score
I actually see balding women in real life, not much of them, but there are some in my neighbourhood (I'm talking about seeing scalp very very clearly and thin hair). Most of them look Asian or Surinamese. They aren't young, though, mostly in their late 40s/early 50s.

Generally, people don't mock those women as it is seen as an inappropriate thing to do. With bald men, even when very young, it doesn't matter. He just has to suck it up. The general view of society.

- - - Updated - - -

No, not entirely true. My dad started to go bald at 27 and is a NW7 now. Woody Harrelson had an acceptable head of hair in his twenties and he is practically bald nowadays. There are more bald men than balding teenagers. Not everyone who goes bald starts in his late teens, not even necessarily in his early to mid-twenties.

I do agree with bald men being a minority, though.

variables will always arise. But largely speaking, almost all men who start balding as teenagers will be a full blown horse shoe before fourty.

Finasteride seems to be the deciding factor nowadays.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah and now imagine you would be Norwood 5
i got smp done and will get a hair transplant in the future to have stubble so i won't be a nw5 anytime soon. plus ive been on finasteride for 1 year and 4 months and its stabilized
like fred im lucky i have a good headshape and masculine features
but still feel so ****ing off without hair and not used to it
wish i grew my hair long when the chance

whats worse is when you are with guy friends cause girls don't usually do this and they start tocuhing their hair when they look at me.
maybe im super paranoid but i just think they are like imagine if im bald
-_-

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, are you serious?

its uncommon sure but its not that rare. i'll do a count next time i go out lol, but usually i see at least a couple bald guys.

anyways my main point is people dont look or care about me when i walk out, much less say anything.