So What Kind Of Brush Are You Using?

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First, I want to let you know I tried searching this forum for "brush" and "brushing' and the search option does not work. I don't know if it is my PC or what, but whatever.

I have been using a loop brush, this is supposed to be the best in regards to shedding. I have also read that the boar bristle brush is good, but I cannot imagine them really doing much in terms of styling.

Some sites say to stay away from the brushes with the rubber ball on the end; others say it is a "must-have"?

Then there are the brushes mainly geared for "detangling" I have never, ever had this problem with my hair.

I only brush it in the morning after sleeping on it (yes, I use a satin pillowcase) sometimes I will spray a leave-in conditioner and style it that way, but never any holding product.

My pieces are always cut short. About and Inch or an Inch and a half.

So what do you recommend?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. Just read the reviews on amazon, and this one seems to have something about it everyone says is terrific. Just ordered one

It is good for both long and short hair... I wouldn't use anything else.

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always see everyone using the brush suggested above but I sometimes worry it might be a bit rough on the system. The way my salon uses that brush is to brush pretty hard and fast on the system.

I personally only use a wide-toothed comb and brush every morning and at night before bed - helps me to keep tangles away and means I can brush very carefully and slowly to reduce and damage to the hair or unit.

I think I’m super careful and probably spend more time than most on care and maintenece but my salon always tells me that my units looks great and last longer than most who go there so it’s worth it.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always see everyone using the brush suggested above but I sometimes worry it might be a bit rough on the system. The way my salon uses that brush is to brush pretty hard and fast on the system.

I personally only use a wide-toothed comb and brush every morning and at night before bed - helps me to keep tangles away and means I can brush very carefully and slowly to reduce and damage to the hair or unit.

I think I’m super careful and probably spend more time than most on care and maintenece but my salon always tells me that my units looks great and last longer than most who go there so it’s worth it.

It's not. We recommend it to all of our customers, very happy with the results.

Reactions: TEG

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was looking at getting one.. But as fate would have it I found one at the top of the stairs this morning! The pink one.

It's worked well. My vent brush has a habit of snagging at the front of the hairline hands but this cleared those out.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable using it on lace too freely and often but it seems to do a good job.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I just ask before I order my own. Specifically which tangle teezer should I get? The one for fragile and coloured hair?

For a lace system.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I just ask before I order my own. Specifically which tangle teezer should I get? The one for fragile and coloured hair?

For a lace system.

They are all basically the same concept... the original... either long handle or short works fine.

download.jpg

Reactions: TEG