So sleepy

AaronMG

Reaction score
Hey all-

Been on finasteride for only 2 weeks. This second week has been rough. Foggy brain and very tired all day long contributing to a big decrease in my ability to concentrate.

I did plenty of research before starting the drug and was aware of all the possible side effects. I read that in many instance, sexual side effects retreat after a while. However, I have seen no such observation for side effects related to fatigue.

Anybody experience notable fatigue that dissipated after the body adjusted to the finasteride?

Should I consider a reduction in dosage?

Thanks for any feedback.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
yes, I did big time. It soon passed after a couple weeks. those were a rough couple weeks though!

AaronMG

Reaction score
thanks shed, somewhat reassuring.

did you have a cloudy/foggy head along with the fatigue?

did the fatigue (finasteride related) ever creap up on you again?

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guy's I thought it was just me. Everyone talks about sides.low libido and stuff but no one mentions being shattered all day.

I've been taking it for 2 weeks and this last week I needed matchsticks to keep my eyes open so looks like that 's my sides from finasteride like you. (better than low libido).

Can't go much more than a few more days like this though, will ride it out if you think it will subside or I will reduce dose to 0.5 Mg otherwise I will spend Christmas asleep.

On the otherhand if someone said sleep for Christmas and after you will have tons of hiar i'd do it!

AaronMG

Reaction score
yeah, Nick - i'm going to ride out one full month to see how things progress. if the fatigue and brain fog don't clear up, I'm moving on. there's not enough coffee in the world to keep this up!

ShedMaster

Reaction score
AaronMG said:
thanks shed, somewhat reassuring.

did you have a cloudy/foggy head along with the fatigue?

oh yes

AaronMG said:
did the fatigue (finasteride related) ever creap up on you again?

nope, never. it was rough though in the beginning.

AaronMG

Reaction score
Sorry, Cassin - but no way it's in my head. I know, everyone says it, no one believes it.

But for me, this past week has been nothing short of a waking dream - something I've never experience before.

Hopefully the 'ole body is able to adjust.

Anyone else out there have a similar experience?

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Aaron, hows it going now.

I reduced to 0.5mg and it improved things on an off in terms of tiredness but its still pretty bad so going to reduce to 0.25mg. My hair has got rapidly worse so its not showing signs of working for me yet if its going to.

At this time disappointed hairloss has not slowed at 2.5 months in. Seriously 50% below baseline on front vertex currently and seems to be diffuse loss appearing over whole top of head..getting impossible to syle withot considering buzz.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I take the regular suggested dose of Propecia at night at 6pm. I've also taken it at 11pm just trying something different. Sometimes I found myself really sleepy in the late morning when I took it at 6am.