So...shedding on finasteride shows the treatment is working?

Ryukil

Banned
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for a little under a month. At first it seemed like my hair loss slowed down, but now I'm waking up with a lot of hair on my pillow. So either the treatment hasn't started working yet, or I'm shedding. It seemed like my hair loss slowed down almost immediately, but I guess that's just a coincidence? How long would it take for finasteride to slow or halt hair loss?

bibz

Established Member
Reaction score
OMG same and same and same and SAME QUESTION EVERY TIME
It's a SHEDDING, ride this **** out.. For guyz who shed in the begining of treatments, keep in mind that's it's a good news, and I would say that's it's even better than no shed cuz these hairs will come back stronger, thicker and healthier and that is the reason why people sees improvements during treatments.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I thought you said in other thread that you would be more patient...anyway ride it out. Shedding is supposedly a good sign. You just have to wait and see. good luck :)

Ryukil

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, I just wanted to confirm that it's a "good thing" because I thought I had read that it is before.

bibz

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't worry buddy, just RIDE IT OUT
You will probably shed until the mid/end of the second month, but you will regrow every single hair, thicker and stronger

- - - Updated - - -

Shedding in the begining of the treatment means that the drug is doing the job :)

jom

Reaction score
4 months in and still shedding a very large amount. Was also shedding before starting treatment although very hard to see it as a good sign... Am far worse worse than baseline.

Debating whether to ride it out and get my prescription filled today or not.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 2.5 months on finasteride now. First month I didn't have anything: no shedding, no side effects, no results (obviously). Then for two weeks or so, my normal hair fall (the hair loss I was already having before starting finasteride) decreased! Two weeks or so. Now, for the last month I've been shedding hairs fast. Is this my finasteride shed? Isn't this late? I'm already 2.5 months on treatment, some claim results at month 3 :s I will be below baseline at month 3...

bibz

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude when I was on finasteride, I got incredible results the first 3 month, then big shed by the 3rd month for 2 month. Month 5 huge regrowth, and month 8 big shed again. Stabilization by the month 11-12. Shed is a b**ch, you don't know when it will hit you, but it definitly will. Don't stress and ride this **** out! Good luck

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guess the best I can do, is wait and ride it out indeed.. Suck though, to be below baseline. Let's try to focus on something else!

HairForSure

Reaction score
I am also facing the same problem. In addition I find white scaling on my scalp and minor itching. I don't know which one (Finax, Tugain or Nizral) is causing this. Should I continue or stop my regimen. Thanks in advance

HairForSure

Reaction score
After using the Big 3 for 45 days, I am experiencing the severe itch on the scalp and sometimes throughout the body. Can anyone tell whether this is related to the medication? any solution is appreciated. No improvement in hair so far, instead lost the frontal hairline.