So, my hair loss

Ruskibot

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started losing hair when I was around 16, never really noticed it but at 18 I noticed my thin hair while taking photos with my friends during graduation... You can imagine my shock, I was honestly surprised. I was then informed by my mother no less that she had noticed that my hair was looking thin since I was 16. So, obviously I get on google and find out about minoxidil with which I had poor compliance and no real improvement. Baldness runs in both sides of the family, my dad is balding at the vertex and my mom's dad was bald at the time of his passing. So, I should have known I was gonna get wrecked by genetics. My mother is in denial trying to make me use hair oil to fix this. I have not take finasteride or dutasteride and most probably never will as I do not think it'll bring about that significant of a difference to my hair loss. I do not want to do hair transplant as I am 25 and my hair loss is pretty diffuse, I do not believe that I have much donor area to cover my whole crown. So, this is probably something I put online for posterity's sake when eventually all my hair is gone and I'll be rocking the bald look. My only advice to anyone is just be prophylactic even if it doesn't look like you are losing hair. You might not lose hair but minoxidil twice a day for the rest of your life isn't that bad compared to the loss of self confidence and depression I went through before I just accepted it.

Also, PS, people who don't experience hair fall will never understand what you are going through as it does not affect them yet. Do not expect them to understand how crippling it is for your self confidence. Eventually you'll learn to ignore it and move on with your life. It is tough, you'll feel like an ugly sac of sh*t but instead of focusing on something that you can't control do something about things you can; learn about fashion, work out and get in shape. Read a couple of books and build a personality, you'll do fine with women. I managed to at least, even with the crappy hair. So Godspeed ladies and gents. So begins my journey into rocking the totally bald look. Now this whole story might sound self pitying and I agree it does but I'm trying to give words to all the emotions I felt during this journey. Thankfully I'm blessed with a perfectly round head.

The pics with hair is my current hairstyle, the ones without are from about 2 years back when I first started shaving my head to get used to it. I realize it looks weird but I was significantly fatter then. I have since lost about 45 lbs or 20 Kg, I look significantly better now and have a much better beard. God bless everyone and I wish everyone of you nothing but the best in your efforts to avoiding the bald look.

Attachments

• IMG-0618.jpg
    IMG-0618.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG-0616.jpg
    IMG-0616.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG-0620.jpg
    IMG-0620.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG-0178.jpg
    IMG-0178.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 20200616-135237.jpg
    20200616-135237.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 173

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait, you’re 25 and still have a lot of hair. finasteride/dutasteride would definitely work for you. Not sure why you think they won’t.

But it’s up to you if you want to shave it.

Ruskibot

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait, you’re 25 and still have a lot of hair. finasteride/dutasteride would definitely work for you. Not sure why you think they won’t.

But it’s up to you if you want to shave it.

I have really diffuse hair fall. The side effects are not worth it imo, especially since I'll have to be on it life long...

claire124

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I lost a little bit of hair but in the area that no one could see. My doctor said it's because of the stress and depression. Can someone help me and advise me on any treatment?

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with Selb, you still have a lot of hair and it is still worth saving. Many diffusers respond well to treatments, and there is topical finasteride or topical dutasteride which are much less likely to give side effects. And experimental treatments such as RU or CB if you're willing to do that. You could grow it out and use concealers such as Toppik, Dermmatch, Couvre, etc if you prefer the way you look with hair. These concealers work great for men with diffuse thinning.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I lost a little bit of hair but in the area that no one could see. My doctor said it's because of the stress and depression. Can someone help me and advise me on any treatment?

Some antidepressants such as SSRI's can cause hair loss, unruly hair and early greying. Normally female hair loss is treated with 2% Minoxidil and Oral Spironolactone. You could check the Women's subforum for more info.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started losing hair when I was around 16, never really noticed it but at 18 I noticed my thin hair while taking photos with my friends during graduation... You can imagine my shock, I was honestly surprised. I was then informed by my mother no less that she had noticed that my hair was looking thin since I was 16. So, obviously I get on google and find out about minoxidil with which I had poor compliance and no real improvement. Baldness runs in both sides of the family, my dad is balding at the vertex and my mom's dad was bald at the time of his passing. So, I should have known I was gonna get wrecked by genetics. My mother is in denial trying to make me use hair oil to fix this. I have not take finasteride or dutasteride and most probably never will as I do not think it'll bring about that significant of a difference to my hair loss. I do not want to do hair transplant as I am 25 and my hair loss is pretty diffuse, I do not believe that I have much donor area to cover my whole crown. So, this is probably something I put online for posterity's sake when eventually all my hair is gone and I'll be rocking the bald look. My only advice to anyone is just be prophylactic even if it doesn't look like you are losing hair. You might not lose hair but minoxidil twice a day for the rest of your life isn't that bad compared to the loss of self confidence and depression I went through before I just accepted it.

Also, PS, people who don't experience hair fall will never understand what you are going through as it does not affect them yet. Do not expect them to understand how crippling it is for your self confidence. Eventually you'll learn to ignore it and move on with your life. It is tough, you'll feel like an ugly sac of sh*t but instead of focusing on something that you can't control do something about things you can; learn about fashion, work out and get in shape. Read a couple of books and build a personality, you'll do fine with women. I managed to at least, even with the crappy hair. So Godspeed ladies and gents. So begins my journey into rocking the totally bald look. Now this whole story might sound self pitying and I agree it does but I'm trying to give words to all the emotions I felt during this journey. Thankfully I'm blessed with a perfectly round head.

The pics with hair is my current hairstyle, the ones without are from about 2 years back when I first started shaving my head to get used to it. I realize it looks weird but I was significantly fatter then. I have since lost about 45 lbs or 20 Kg, I look significantly better now and have a much better beard. God bless everyone and I wish everyone of you nothing but the best in your efforts to avoiding the bald look.
finasteride works best for diffuse hair loss. Give it a shot. If you don’t have sides it might be the best choice you ever make. If you get sides, come off and you’ll be in the same position you are now.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride works best for diffuse hair loss. Give it a shot. If you don’t have sides it might be the best choice you ever make. If you get sides, come off and you’ll be in the same position you are now.
Worst comes to worst— you could try dutasteride